Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock with XDA Google Now

Default Is the tethering option under settings from vzw?

My gnex is rooted and I don't know if the tethering option under wireless and tethering in settings is after root or always been there. Rooted as soon as I got my gnex, so didn't look before. Anyway, main question is can I turn that on for free tethering or is that what vzw can see. Should I download a different tethering app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Default Re: Is the tethering option under settings from vzw?

Quote Originally Posted by Xterror View Post
    My gnex is rooted and I don't know if the tethering option under wireless and tethering in settings is after root or always been there. Rooted as soon as I got my gnex, so didn't look before. Anyway, main question is can I turn that on for free tethering or is that what vzw can see. Should I download a different tethering app?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Are you still running the stock rom? I believe it will tell you that Verizon will charge a fee if you try to checkmark it, just use download Wi-Fi tether.. Works GREAT.

If you are on Jellybean, you can activate it from the settings menu and won't be charged.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock with XDA Google Now

I'm rooted but on stock ROM. Planning on installing a jelly bean ROM tonight though after I read some how-to's. I'll try the WiFi app though, thanx

Sent from my 8gb Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2