Data drop problems. Need intel.

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I used to wonder what everyone complained about! Back when I ran Codename 1.5.5 everything was grand. Then Codename development went on pause and I moved to other roms. I began to notice a few data drops here and there, seems like it kept getting worse with every rom I tried (Liquid, AOKP, etc.). I hoped that Jelly Bean and/or the re-emergence of Codename would fix me, but now I am getting multiple data drops every day!

So, are there roms that don't have this problem? Did Jelly Bean fix this for anyone? Radios? Is there any solid info on this?

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm running Codename 3.0.0 (Android 4.1.1) with FA02 radios. I think there are more up to date ones out there. Do they solve the problem? Upgrading radios in the past didn't help.

ScooberJake

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the help, but upgrading the radios didn't solve my problem. Still getting multiple data drops per day requiring a reboot.

Any other tricks out there? Does this happen more with certain ROMs? Does this happen on stock AOSP?

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Instead of rebooting have you tried toggling airplane mode? This has been a fix for me in the past but I haven't noticed any data drops since I've been on JB

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So bumbed out!!! I just got this phone a few days ago and I have dropped prolly 75% of my calls! I am unlocked, rooted (tried paradigm and now on euroSkank), have tried changing radios and NOTHING is helping. I guess I have to call verizon and get a replacement phone.

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
So bumbed out!!! I just got this phone a few days ago and I have dropped prolly 75% of my calls! I am unlocked, rooted (tried paradigm and now on euroSkank), have tried changing radios and NOTHING is helping. I guess I have to call verizon and get a replacement phone.

I had that issue and got a replacement from Verizon. No issues since then :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums