Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Default GAPPS Google Apps - GEt er DOne..

The Google Apps (or GApps as they are commonly referred to) are the proprietary applications by Google included in many Android devices.

There's a gang of gaaps out there as there are Roms, so to help out with what's what I'm gonna try and shed some light on what to expect when flashing a certain gaap package.

(I will miss a lot here and input would be greatly appreciated so that we can update the OP as needed)

For apps too load automatically from Google Play (currently hit and miss when flashing) it might help if you enable that in Settings/BAckup & Reset/

You'll find a plethora of gaaps here, the one your looking for is (Android version 4.1.1 20120726)
    Added TalkBack (Accessibility app)
    Currently no proper way to fix Gallery not syncing to Picasa without ending up with a second gallery app
    Re-Upload: Removed YouTube since it was updated in the Play Store, and fixed backup script to work with Gmail

Alternate links (Goo.im is whack for a couple of weeks)

<---------------------XooMDeV 7/23 Gaaps!!
    XoomDev Mirror

JellyBro EuroSkank has a very similar looking gaaps package but is 3megs larger (88mb vs. 85mb) adding Voicesearchstub.apk ,Youtube.apk

<---------Jelly Belly Gaaps
    When I was on JellyBElly this guy put out some very nice JEllyBEan Gaaps (If you like GOOGLE WALLET included in your gaaps, this ones for YOU) no youtube in this package.

<----- 4.1.1-398337 JRO03C GApps Package Formula84Gaaps
    Has the exact file structure as the 7-26 Goo.im gapps package but uses all files from the official AOSP 4.1.1 JRO03C release. Claims to be crack flasher friendly with back up scripts. (1st package ONLY! Custom DOES NOT have the backup scripts)
    Custom adds: Books,Currents, Facelock,GalleryGoogle,Geniewidget, and ThinkFree.apk

<----------------- Updated LiquidSmooth Gaaps with Stock Google Camera and Gallery that Shipped with Factory 4.1.1 image. (no picasa sync) Might have some themed apps (Gmail, etc.)

<------ CNA-Formula Custom Gapps (Same as Formula's stock camera gaaps but this guy is known for putting together a good package). Not Themed.
    Last edited by JkdJedi; 08-28-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    Thanked by 4:
    n0obpr0 likes this.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Default Re: Google apps aka GAAPS

reserved

ROM
    Kang/CM10

This is definitely a great guide to look up as to what is the best GAPPS to install with the ROMs!

You might want to add Xoomdev's GAPPS as well. His is used quite often as well as Kejar's.

Sent from my Google Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1
    Thanked by:
    dmmarck likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    This is definitely a great guide to look up as to what is the best GAPPS to install with the ROMs!

You might want to add Xoomdev's GAPPS as well. His is used quite often as well as Kejar's.

I'll look him up this evening, thanks.

Beamed from my GneX via TaPaTalK.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

FWIW, I'm on the Formula84 package and they are working out nicely.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Affinity/Franco

On the Formula download page there is 4 files. Which do I need? I am on Euroskank CM10.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    “There’s always something to look at if you open your eyes!”
    -The Doctor-
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Xfanatic View Post
    On the Formula download page there is 4 files. Which do I need? I am on Euroskank CM10.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    I used his stock/standard one--not the custom one.

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    [SIZE="1"]
    [SIZE="2"]Added TalkBack (Accessibility app)
    Currently no proper way to fix Gallery not syncing to Picasa without ending up with a second gallery app

I found a flashable zip with an older gallery version that fixed it for me.

- It's on the third post down

However, it got rid of my camera application, but I am now using Camera ICS as my camera app instead. a
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by gregs1213 View Post
    I found a flashable zip with an older gallery version that fixed it for me.

- It's on the third post down

However, it got rid of my camera application, but I am now using Camera ICS as my camera app instead. a
    I believe Formulas and Xoomdev gaaps has this (gallery syncs) working. (Xoomdev gaaps will be up soon, crossing my fingers)

Last edited by JkdJedi; 08-13-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    I believe Formulas and Xoomdev gaaps has this working. (Xoomdev gaaps will be up soon, crossing my fingers)

You're correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Build5

Nice work JkdJedi, 1 stop shopping for gapps it will help out all crackflashers i believe.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,043 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is a great idea. Thanks for putting it together

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus
    I'm a android know it all with too much time on my hands
    If I've helped you make sure to hit that thanks button
    Thanked by:

ROM
    CM10 JellyBro | Franco M5

For anyone using Formula's GAPPS (or any gapps that include stock gallery), it looks like this overrides whatever new camera settings your rom may include. It overrides it with Google's camera/gallery to maintain sync. I guess currently there is no method to maintain sync with aosp gallery.

Formula84 may include another version of his GAPPS to exclude the overriding of camera/gallery (which I assume would break sync). But I don't use (picasa?) sync so I'll be looking out for that. Just a heads up!
    Thanked by:
    JkdJedi likes this.

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckfan View Post
    For anyone using Formula's GAPPS (or any gapps that include stock gallery), it looks like this overrides whatever new camera settings your rom may include. It overrides it with Google's camera/gallery to maintain sync. I guess currently there is no method to maintain sync with aosp gallery.

Formula84 may include another version of his GAPPS to exclude the overriding of camera/gallery (which I assume would break sync). But I don't use (picasa?) sync so I'll be looking out for that. Just a heads up!
    Installed Formula's. I could only produce a clean install because I wasn't getting the calendar to sync. But I love it so far.

Transmitted by the Google Galaxy Nexus. Jellyfied!
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

ROM

Installed Formula's. I could only produce a clean install because I wasn't getting the calendar to sync. But I love it so far.

Transmitted by the Google Galaxy Nexus. Jellyfied!
    Yup, that's the one I use too. Haven't had any issues besides what I stated above. And that's not Formula's fault. He just wanted to preserve Picasa sync.

For anyone (like myself) that don't need Picasa sync and would like to try out some extra camera features in their AOSP (For example CM10/***** has power shutter, anti-banding and color effects), make the following edits to Formula's GAPPS zip file:

1) Delete GalleryGoogle.apk from /system/app.
    2) Edit the updater-script file from /META-INF/com/google/android by removing the following entry (to be safe remove the quotations and comma as well): "/system/app/Gallery2.apk",
    3) Save the file and re-zip the entire package.
    4) Profit!

Working well for me so far but flash at your own risk!
    Thanked by:

2) Edit the updater-script file from /META-INF/com/google/android by removing the following entry (to be safe remove the quotations and comma as well): "/system/app/Gallery2.apk",
    How do you edit the updater script? I'm using root explorer, mounted as rw, but when I go into the script updater I'm not able to edit. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Empty Hand View Post
    How do you edit the updater script? I'm using root explorer, mounted as rw, but when I go into the script updater I'm not able to edit. Thanks!

I actually did all the steps on the desktop so I just used notepad to edit the script and re-zipped the package using Winrar. Sorry, not sure how to edit the file on the phone.
    Thanked by:
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Yup, that's the one I use too. Haven't had any issues besides what I stated above. And that's not Formula's fault. He just wanted to preserve Picasa sync.

For anyone (like myself) that don't need Picasa sync and would like to try out some extra camera features in their AOSP (For example CM10/***** has power shutter, anti-banding and color effects), make the following edits to Formula's GAPPS zip file:

1) Delete GalleryGoogle.apk from /system/app.
    3) Save the file and re-zip the entire package.
    4) Profit!

Working well for me so far but flash at your own risk!
    I want/need all the features the camera provides and like what Formula has done with the rest of the gapp files so working on these steps now, thanks!
    EDIT: Wow, no dice, i followed these steps and now I have no camera/gallery. gonna try it again.
    Last edited by JkdJedi; 08-15-2012 at 08:49 PM.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

OP updated with possible work around on getting back on stock camera AOSP settings.
    Last edited by JkdJedi; 08-17-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    You're correct.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Would you be able to provide a direct link to xoomdev's gapps? I can't find it following the provided links to this point.
    Thanks!

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

I'm on an aokp cm based from called ice cold sand witch 4.0.4 and if I update the YouTube and Google music it shuts itself out should I just keep ignoring the update or flash a new gapps? And plus it came with some gapps pre installed could this be the reason for the fc when I open it?
    Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Quote Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
    Would you be able to provide a direct link to xoomdev's gapps? I can't find it following the provided links to this point.
    Thanks!

I asked him last week for a link. I believe he might have abandoned them for Kejars gapps which he's currently using for his Rootzboat ROM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyanogen-man View Post
    I'm on an aokp cm based from called ice cold sand witch 4.0.4 and if I update the YouTube and Google music it shuts itself out should I just keep ignoring the update or flash a new gapps? And plus it came with some gapps pre installed could this be the reason for the fc when I open it?
    Sent from my Desire HD using Android Central Forums
    Delete YouTube and Google music, then add them back via Play Store. That will get you going. Its force closing because they where either themed and/or unsigned. My best guess.

Thanked by:
    Akuma 
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

That's odd, goo.im doesn't have anything from xoomdev anymore. Guess he wasn't jokin' lol
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

For those still having Picasa syncing issues (THIS MIGHT HELP, kanged it from another thread)

Clear data on DRM, Gallery, Media Storage and Play Music then reboot the phone.

reboot might take a little while (10 mins)

ROM
    Rooted/Unlocked Stk 4.4.3

Typically, the better developers, when posting ROM updates, say which gapps to flash and provide a link or mirror along with MD5 sums (very important).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast