STUCK AT GOOGLE BOOT SCREEN, Please help me

wildchild420187

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Just another quick question. If I root my phone it will not erase anything right? And if I go ahead and flash 4.1 into my phone will that erase anything?

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
TiBu requires root permissions so it wont work up front. Bit of a catch 22.

Edit: after the reminder from the post below, I scrolled up to notice you were already unlocked. In that case, nothing should be erased.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Rooting will not erase everything. It simply gives you full access to everything on your phone. Like being an administrator on a windows machine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Easton091

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If you do a "clean" install of a ROM you will lose alot of stuff. Only thing that usually stays is stuff you dl from Google play

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
If you do a "clean" install of a ROM you will lose alot of stuff. Only thing that usually stays is stuff you dl from Google play

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yes, a clean install of a ROM includes wiping the system completely, which means you lose your stuff. Rooting does not require completely wiping the system, therefore you do not lose stuff when simply rooting. Its two completely different things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Tushar Pujare

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
sir , i think i stuck in same problem , my nexus is also stuck in google logo and X sign ( nexus) logo is running again and again .
i try all the physical method like running in safemode or fastboot mode but it show android logo with <!> sign in red color
sir can you tell me step wise answer to slove this problem i need help sir please , tell me in detail i am newbie here.
(my nexus is unlocked version not at&t)
i never done any thing previously with my nexus )

Tushar Pujare

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I fixed it guys. I used a program called Odin. I just typed Samsung gnex Odin stock kernel. I got a lot of in for with that I downloaded the stock kernelthen Odin no drivers needed. Well I did need the USB drivers but I had already done that. So after all the downloading and installing and
unzipping I just pointed Odin to the 2 files... phone and PDA. It worked like a champ... now I'm thinking of using Odin to flash 4.1.1??? Any tips easy ways to gain full root access? I saved all the files for Odin so if I mess it up again I can fix it easy

si can you tell me website detail of download and process you followed for this
i am newbie here i got same problem
pls need help

Chuckles Barneby

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
So I've been following u guys's tutorial. The same exact thing happened to me. i installed the drivers and did what you said, then i chose a factory image. And when it asked me if i wanted to flash it, i clicked OK. So the black log screen comes up and it says a bunch of random stuff, then says *error, out of memory*. Now what do i do, is it saying that i don't have enough memory on my device,(it is totally wiped), and i cannot get into recovery mode to clear things up, or is it saying the computer does not have enough memory, and i checked it does. *Please Help immediately*.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non