STUCK AT GOOGLE BOOT SCREEN, Please help me

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
does wugs already have the stock recovery file? do i have to download it some place? im gonna start with the drivers, i think i tried that earlier and got frustrated lol time to have a cig and try it again lol

Go to the Wug's thread here. Read the first post. Then go to his website. You'll want to return it to stock. It'll handle everything--just install the drivers and let it take you from here.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Go through the manual mode on Wug's. It's fairly straightforward. Make sure you are connected via the stock USB cable to a port on the rear of your PC (I have seen it make a difference).

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Go through the manual mode on Wug's. It's fairly straightforward. Make sure you are connected via the stock USB cable to a port on the rear of your PC (I have seen it make a difference).

+1 to using the rear USB port, it wouldn't work on my PC until I switched it. Just follow the manual driver set up, it's pretty self-explanatory. It will be OK!

wildchild420187

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

i am on a laptop... i am on step 3 where you have to configure it as an adb device, right now it says mtp or something and i cant find nothing that says adb

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never gone back to stock, so I'm not sure exactly how that all looks in the toolkit. Hopefully you're on the right path.

If you decide to unlock and root again, follow the guides in the stickies above (or just use wug's now that you've got it set up).

wildchild420187

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
:cool:
I've never gone back to stock, so I'm not sure exactly how that all looks in the toolkit. Hopefully you're on the right path.

If you decide to unlock and root again, follow the guides in the stickies above (or just use wug's now that you've got it set up).

im still way lost lol i thought i had it but i dont lol

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
my bootloader is unlocked, yes. but im not sure if ill have access to a mac. i dont know anyone that has one.

Well basically the way I see it you can get out of this problem by either flashing stock back on or by fastboot boot recovery to temporarily get cwm on there. Then push a ROM and gapps to SD card while in recovery, then flash that ROM after a wipe and you should be straight.

Problem is if you cant get the drivers / PC set up, you can't do either on PC. I don't really use windows ever so I'm sorry I can't really help there. , macs don't need drivers so .. anyway, if you can get a PC working or a Mac or whatever I'll type out the instructions for ya
Good luck!

Reactions: wildchild420187

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
it looks as if it is set up but when it trys to flash, it says adb device not found

Just to verify, your phone was powered on into the bootloader when you tried to flash stock and unroot? And you selected the "can't boot up" option for going back to stock?

Sounds like the drivers should be ok, so in theory this should work for you (though I've never personally done it myself, and I wouldn't have time until a weekend to test it out on my phone).

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
in device manager i see under samsung galaxy phone, it says android adb device

I am familar with qbking tutioral that you mentioned earlier in this thread.
I am not familar with Wug's toolkit tho so since you been going that route I havent posted to this thread ,so as not to confuse the issue.
But a couple of questions just as a double check that you probably have already done.
I assume you have USB debugging still checked.
What version of windows are you using ? XP? ,,Windows 7?

When you looked in device manager and it showed "android adb device" :
Was the phone just normally powered on when it showed this or in bootloader mode?
It should show them same thing in "device manager" regardless as to if your phone is normally powered on or in bootloader mode.

wildchild420187

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I fixed it guys. I used a program called Odin. I just typed Samsung gnex Odin stock kernel. I got a lot of in for with that I downloaded the stock kernelthen Odin no drivers needed. Well I did need the USB drivers but I had already done that. So after all the downloading and installing and
unzipping I just pointed Odin to the 2 files... phone and PDA. It worked like a champ... now I'm thinking of using Odin to flash 4.1.1??? Any tips easy ways to gain full root access? I saved all the files for Odin so if I mess it up again I can fix it easy

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Check these three stickies in this forum:
Don't Panic Hitchhiker's Guide
Unlock/Root Guide
Backup/Restore/Flash Roms

Read all three in their entirety before starting. It's worth it. They all explain everything you'll need to know.

On the bright side, you've recovered from about the worst possible scenario. You're very unlikely to mess your phone up worse than that (unless you are deliberately trying to), so you should be ready to go!

Reactions: wildchild420187

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer