1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM10 not playing nice with Chrome?

Just curious if anybody else has encountered the same as me.

With any CM10 ROM (meaning CM10 or JellyBro etc)... When I search for anything via the quick search widget (which ties in to Google Now), I will receive links pertaining to my search query no problem. But after I tap one of the links, if I select Chrome as my app of choice to open it, or have Chrome set as the default, 6 times out of 10 my phone will crash and reboot. It doesn't seem to happen if I select the stock browser.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin

ROM
    JellyBeans

Default Re: CM10 not playing nice with Chrome?

I am currently on AOPK, but when i ran CM10 i don't remember having problems.

Have you tried uninstalling, then re-installing chrome?
    Sent Via..Raven from Kings Landing
    BB Storm 1 > Samsung Droid Charge > Samsung Galaxy Nexus > Samsung Galaxy Note II & LG G Pad 8.3

I have just signed up to contribute. After I updated from CM9 -> CM10, Chrome has disappeared from my system, and if I want to install it from Play Store it gives me "Unknown error during installation, code "-24". Right now running on CM10-20121007-NIGHTLY-i9100 (SGS II).

In my case: rebooting, updating nightlies, re-installing does not solve the problem.

Global Posts
    549 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Didn't have this problem with m1 or m2.

Current: Verizon Galaxy Nexus with CM10
    Past: HTC Rezound, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Incredible
    Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Tour, Blackberry Curve
    Samsung Delve (what a joke but started it all)
    and a bunch of dumb phones

ROM
    Something new!

Quote Originally Posted by Zielak.pl View Post
    I have just signed up to contribute. After I updated from CM9 -> CM10, Chrome has disappeared from my system, and if I want to install it from Play Store it gives me "Unknown error during installation, code "-24". Right now running on CM10-20121007-NIGHTLY-i9100 (SGS II).

In my case: rebooting, updating nightlies, re-installing does not solve the problem.
    Did you by any chance restore your apps using a flash able zip created by app2zip? I have gotten the same error when I used that program. I know use titanium backup to restore.

Nope, I wasn't restoring any apps. I had installed them right from Google Play.
    I'm still having this problem after couple of nightlies