How much better do you think JB is over ICS?

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I"m in love with my ICS AXIOM CMPLX V1. Do you feel like JB (I'm looking at Euroshank CM10) is noticably better than whatever ICS ROM you were running, or is it just fun to have something different?

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I"m in love with my ICS AXIOM CMPLX V1. Do you feel like JB (I'm looking at Euroshank CM10) is noticably better than whatever ICS ROM you were running, or is it just fun to have something different?

Biggest 2 differences with JellyBean are Project Butter smoothness and Google Now.

The smoothness is an unrivaled difference from any other version of android, it just flows and it flows well.

Google Now is very cool. Where SIRI for iOS is more of a novelty than a tool (although it is a useful tool in many cases) Google Now is strictly a tool, and a very neat and good one at that, as long as you dont mind that google is going to stalk your web searches in order to make it as useful as it can be. I especially like that it will read your calendar info and if you have a location set for an upcoming appointment it will give you a card telling you how long it will take to get there, how much traffic (if any) to expect, and an option to use turn by turn navigation.

I would say if you dont really care about google now then stay with what you have for now. But if google now is something youre interested in, it would be worth upgrading to STOCK jb just to try it out.

Reactions: greydarrah

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i miss jellybean already i was forced back to stock with my new job as it requires encryption. i had to either return to stock and enable encryption or be forced to carry around an extra blackberry with me. Jellybean is so worth it i never really appreciated it until i was back on ICS. hurry up verizon with that JB update i cant stand the Lag :(
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm running a job ROM and I can encrypt my phone and my sim just like in ics

Sent from my Nexus S 4g rockin jellybean using Tapatalk 2

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
it might be possible but the it dept was not going to happy with a rooted phone. as it was i had to talk them into letting me use my personal gnex there big into blackberry's so i took it as a victory and sucked it up and returned to stock

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
it might be possible but the it dept was not going to happy with a rooted phone. as it was i had to talk them into letting me use my personal gnex there big into blackberry's so i took it as a victory and sucked it up and returned to stock

What ever will they do when BB folds under the pressure of Android and apple? :O

My company was very BB heavy, but as of 6 months ago we went from 97% BB to about 25% with all but 3 of those replaced being iPhones, the other 3 being 2 Samsung Mid range phones and my Gnex.

Anyways, back on topic here.

You can always flash the pure AOSP Rom and remove SuperUser, that would disable root access on your phone and you should be good with your company, all while being on JB. Of course if their IT dept had to set it up for you i guess it would be best to just leave it be :p

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
A lot better, more streamlined and apps seem to talk to each other on jelly bean to keep you on tap of what's ahead. Google Now. Updated Notification System. FAster and smoother UI. These are my top choices as to why you should jump to Jelly BEan if you HAv'nt. :cool:

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
ah looks like verizon heard my cries for jellybean. special thanks to whoever leaked it. i will now sleep better at night

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Searching in chrome on my PC and when I pick up my phone its already giving me directions.... awesome.
ty7aba3a.jpg

Tapatalk sent from the future.