Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
Like Tree29Likes

Default Re: Group Text Messaging for JB - ACHIEVED!

I meant to say, has att Confirmed that we will be getting 4.2? Or are we only getting 4.1.2?

Sent from Gs3 (ATT)

Quote Originally Posted by tdsweetwheels View Post
    I am glad the OP did the work and got this done, but I am not excited. The fix is wonderful and i truly appreciate the efforts, but we all know how these updates get rolled out. Other than the Nexus 4, Jelly Bean 4.2 (which will have this fix apparently) will not come to all of our devices for months (if ever) as they prefer we buy new devices instead of allowing us to update our current ones. And by "they" i mean carriers and developers.
    Um, that's why most of the users in this part of the forum are here because we don't wait for VZW and run ROMs that include features like this. So my device already has it. It's been updated. LOL
    Thanked by:

Is there a way to get this on my Xperia TL? This phone is glorious other than missing mass reply all text in one thread. Please let me know. Also, if it is possible to get this on my phone can someone give me a step by step process on actually installing this on my phone as I am ignorant on all of this, hence me coming to this forum to read up on the good work you folks are doing. Just type it out as if your talking to Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder. Much obliged. I left Windows and Apple to join the Android team, and this mass text issue is my only problem with android, as windows phones, and iphones both supplied this capability stock.

Is there a way to get this on my Xperia TL?
    Since it has been added to Android 4.2, you can either wait for the 4.2 update or find a 4.2 ROM built for your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    Since it has been added to Android 4.2, you can either wait for the 4.2 update or find a 4.2 ROM built for your phone.
    I want the rom for 4.2 for my phone then. Where do i find it, and how do i use/do a rom ? I know i know, I have no idea what I'm doing.

So, for those of us with perfectly good phones stuck on 2.2....any hope we might see this change in our stock apps? Go sms seems to be able to pull it off, but I much prefer the stock app.
    shatara hafford likes this.

I want the rom for 4.2 for my phone then. Where do i find it, and how do i use/do a rom ? I know i know, I have no idea what I'm doing.
    Go to Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers
    From there you can search for your phone and learn everything you need to know about it, including how to root it, which will be needed to flash a ROM.

So, I've found a couple of 4.2 ROMs for my HTC Inspire 4G, but they don't have the group messaging option under Settings. Any reason why? Is it kernal related because I'm beginning to wonder if it's an actual 4.2 option now?

Are you sure they are 4.2 and not 4.1 ROMs? Both will be Jelly Bean, but 4.2 should have the group messaging.

I am using the stock Rom on the EVO 4g LTE. If you click a text message, there is a reply all button. It creates a new message thread in the Messaging app. I haven't tried it yet.

Are you sure they are 4.2 and not 4.1 ROMs? Both will be Jelly Bean, but 4.2 should have the group messaging.
    I've checked the firmware versions and they do state as 4.2.

Are you looking at the settings under the messaging app? The option should be under MMS settings.

If it's not there, I would check with the developer. If it came from AOSP source, should have it.

Are you looking at the settings under the messaging app? The option should be under MMS settings.

If it's not there, I would check with the developer. If it came from AOSP source, should have it.
    That's where I was checking. After a couple of version later on the ROM, I found it. I'm sure I was overlooking it. It's great though. If we could just get Emoji's built in, it'd be the perfect app.

The update for the art -gs3 just got released and it's for 4.1. Seriously messed up. Does anyone know if they are going to push 4.2?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Do you have an .apk for this? I'm not really that familiar with git.

How do you get this on your phone?

Either have your phone rooted and download a 4.2 ROM, or hope you have a Google type phone that gives updates to 4.2.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456