Which of you crack-flashers are going to try out the CM10 Monthly first?

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to try something with more customization than the otherwise superb BB. And if I need to go first, which GAPPs should I use?

Thanks!

mrdunn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking to try something with more customization than the otherwise superb BB. And if I need to go first, which GAPPs should I use?

Thanks!

If you want customization with a great ROM in all ways, try JBSourcery Version 2.2. The toolbox has almost an infinite number of whatever you want. I use the Steamworks Theme with many modifications and there are many other themes and mods.
Screenshot_2012-09-11-09-20-52.jpgScreenshot_2012-09-11-09-21-38.jpg

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
If you want customization with a great ROM in all ways, try JBSourcery Version 2.2. The toolbox has almost an infinite number of whatever you want. I use the Steamworks Theme with many modifications and there are many other themes and mods.
View attachment 37127View attachment 37128

That's a really cool theme.
Doesn't the toolbox just download themes you could find on your own? If it's theming OP wants, AOKP and CM10 can offer that. Just about any ROM can be themed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

mrdunn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
That's a really cool theme.
Doesn't the toolbox just download themes you could find on your own? If it's theming OP wants, AOKP and CM10 can offer that. Just about any ROM can be themed.

Much more options than themes and they have unique themes. They have a cloud toolbox that allows you to change just about anything easily, not just themes ie: any car or sport icon for the lockscreen button, any kind of weather, pulldown toggles, status bar, softkeys- hundreds of kinds, make anything any color you want, my softkeys are one of many kinds, changed to a gold color of my choice, all done easily and instantly. Example also include change battery, status bar, lkockscreen glow dots, lockscreen circles,. The also push notifications with every update or message. Follow the Magic Hat..... The main difference is that they do all the work, you just choose what you want, and the Magic Hat does all the work. I am not part of the team, I just like their work. And I am not a "CrackFlasher".
And if you don't like what they offer, you can use T-Mobile Theme Engine. Check it out:.
….Team Sourcery…. | The Creators of the most customizable Roms on earth!,
[ROM] JBSOURCERY V2.2-LTE[9/03/12]More fun, more magic, more original features. - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It does look intriguing. Maybe it will satisfy my need for something new... At least a little longer. :)
Might have to give it a try.

Allons-y

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't asking about theming actually, I just wanted to give CM10 a shot now that the monthly was out as a first step beyond the mostly stock JB experience that BB has, so I was wondering if anyone else planned to give it a go.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I've been on it for ~4 hours at this point. Had a pain installing Swiftkey 3 (settings kept crashing), and I haven't had time to really do it up, but so far so good.

mrdunn

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
It does look intriguing. Maybe it will satisfy my need for something new... At least a little longer. :)
Might have to give it a try.

Allons-y

I just noticed that the Rootwiki forum for the ROM has a picture of the ROM that cycles thru the various Toolbox options so you can really check it out. Just watch the OP for a few minutes as it cycles.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been on it for ~4 hours at this point. Had a pain installing Swiftkey 3 (settings kept crashing), and I haven't had time to really do it up, but so far so good.

Had this issue too, for anyone else having the issue this is how you get around it.

Install swiift key (Uninstall/reinstall if you already tried the setup)
Turn on swift key manually in the settings as well as making it the default.
Run swiftkey setup wizard and it should skip the 2 steps everyone crashes on.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Had this issue too, for anyone else having the issue this is how you get around it.

Install swiift key (Uninstall/reinstall if you already tried the setup)
Turn on swift key manually in the settings as well as making it the default.
Run swiftkey setup wizard and it should skip the 2 steps everyone crashes on.

Must be a cm thing. Meh, oh well.

Sent from my Overly Suspicious Robotic Grouper

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had the SwiftKey issue a few months back. I can't remember what I was running at the time but I never did get it figured out on that ROM. It might have been BB or ES.

Also, I tried Sourcery and it is too busy for me. I am not into putting that much effort into setup. Nandroid back to Affinity.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's minor. Others have confirmed its existence as well. Manual installation, like kca said, remedies the issue.

Bears

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Been on it for a few hours now. Runs great so far. I'm actually running it with Franco Kernel Milestone 5. No issues

Froojr

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's minor. Others have confirmed its existence as well. Manual installation, like kca said, remedies the issue.

Did it manually, still wants me to do the second step, Enable Swiftkey, and stops if I click on it. The second step wants me to do it in the setup, but the third step is already done. Selected Swiftkey in settings, default set to Swiftkey.

Make sure you do the manual setup in Settings before you ever open the Swiftkey setup! It'll work then.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue with trebuchet stopping and causing problems at random times. I fixed permissions from twrp and all is well since.

joeb3786

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
flashed this rom Tuesday night - first ever custom rom installed. I'm relatively new at this, been unlocked for some time as i grew impatient with VZW's lack of updates (but they sure are quick to reply if you complain on twitter!). I enjoy the customization of this, but its lacking the buttery smoothness i got from the JRO03O update, and there are many more force close issues than I've experienced on any other stock release. I am, however, sort of addicted to this whole custom rom thing. I see people saying that BB doesn't offer much in the way of customization but that its great anyways, so what am i to expect when flashing it? and what others might you recommend to someone fresh on this scene? i'm done with cm10 until at least the RC builds.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084