Today I was shown up and embarrassed.

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Today was the day my friend got his IPhone 5. He was dating all sorts of things about speed and blah blah blah. When he took my phone to see what mine was like. He clicked the Google search bar and it took a good 5-10 seconds to pull up the keyboard. This was just plain terrible. I didn't realize it, but this happens a lot where it takes a good 5 seconds just to open the Google search.
Am I the only one this happens to? Anyone who gets it pulled up instantly every time? If so what rom and kernel.
Anything I can do to fix this terrible occurance?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
His phone is 2 days old, yours is almost a year. His is supposed to be faster, lol. That's without even getting into how Android handles multitasking and how each OS uses a completely different method of assigning priority to user interaction among the different threads involved.

Show him how much better the answers Google gives you are than siri, or how your maps actually work, and you'll probably feel better. :)

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The whole IPhone using wasn't really that big of a deal. If just tired of the lag time. Does this happen to you.?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The whole IPhone using wasn't really that big of a deal. If just tired of the lag time. Does this happen to you.?

Not enough to bother me. Search and keyboard launch might take a few seconds.. Never been an issue though.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
What rom and kernel are you on?

Aokp build 3, included kernel for now (faux's) though I usually wind up back on francos nightlies.

Fwiw just tried timing the opening of the search with keyboard (and the phone hasn't been rebooted since last night so it's not "fresh" or anything) and it took under 3 seconds to fully load, I'm happy with that.
:)

sadiqsamm

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I say this isn't a general thing. It can be due to so many reasons. The bottom line is you just try to optimise your phone at all times. I personally removed so many of the Google apps I don't really really need like google+, maps, currents, messenger etc to realise some vital ram memory.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Aokp build 3, included kernel for now (faux's) though I usually wind up back on francos nightlies.

Fwiw just tried timing the opening of the search with keyboard (and the phone hasn't been rebooted since last night so it's not "fresh" or anything) and it took under 3 seconds to fully load, I'm happy with that.
:)

+1 on CNA 3.6 Franco M5 interactive 1.4Ghz - less than 3 seconds to swipe up, load my cards, and bring up the keyboard. That's literally as fast as I can hit the buttons. So zero lag time.

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm on cm10 mine pops up as soon. As I click it. Trinity ker. Also running at 1.5 but sometimes if I slow the CPU I experience lag. I always keep it on 1.5

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope. And still happens when nothing open at all

Pressing on Google search on my home screen takes me into search (within Google Now) within about 3/4 of a Mississippi. (Less than a second). This included a full keyboard that pops up.

I'm using Codename Android 3.6 with whatever kernel that they provide.

Aside: Never be embarrassed in front of an iPhone user. They've chosen a phone dumbed down enough for grandma to use.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Flash the Franco nightlies, they represent the boundaries of speed :)

Isamu982

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Maybe the keyboard lags, but I'm willing to bet your S3 still loads webpages, open and load apps faster.

Sent from my HTC One X

I don't know about that, as much as I hate to admit it the new iphone apparently did very well in benchmarks

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about that, as much as I hate to admit it the new iphone apparently did very well in benchmarks

I never put much stock in those, mainly because I prefer my own real world usage.

gregs1213

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that when using Chrome or any browser with Swiftkey, the keyboard lags so much, it was annoying. I'm back to stock keyboard.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae