Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stock JB vs Bugless Beast; Battery life.

Does anyone have any info on this? I'm thinking of rooting and installing, but I'm still trying to find some benefits and battery life is a huge one... so any ideas or any comparisons out there on the web?

Default Re: Stock JB vs Bugless Beast; Battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by HurrrDurrrDURP View Post
    Does anyone have any info on this? I'm thinking of rooting and installing, but I'm still trying to find some benefits and battery life is a huge one... so any ideas or any comparisons out there on the web?
    They are pretty close. You are going to affect battery life more going the custom kernel route. Most Roms have a good balance of performance and battery life so they aren't optimized for longer battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,028 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I never ran jb stock but bugless beast is great with battery life. I have not even used Franco kernel.
    I used to love aokp but they were so slow rolling out IMHO buggy releases I went back to bb. No frills rom. Just works.

You will get better battery life if you run Bugless Beast with the latest Franco kernel. Give this a try.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Awesome, I think I'll root and give it a try, thanks guys

I have to agree. I'm a hardcore AOKP fan, but like you said, it seems like they're putting the builds out with a lot of bugs and just saying we'll get it next time. I started using Bugless Beast about 3 months ago. It is as smooth as I can ask. It doesn't have the customazation AOKP has, but I'm willing to give that up for speed, smoothness, and stability. Bugless Beast is exactly that, and I would recommened it to the mass'.

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    I never ran jb stock but bugless beast is great with battery life. I have not even used Franco kernel.
    I used to love aokp but they were so slow rolling out IMHO buggy releases I went back to bb. No frills rom. Just works.
    I have to agree. I'm a hardcore AOKP fan, but like you said, it seems like they're putting the builds out with a lot of bugs and just saying we'll get it next time. I started using Bugless Beast about 3 months ago. It is as smooth as I can ask. It doesn't have the customazation AOKP has, but I'm willing to give that up for speed, smoothness, and stability. Bugless Beast is exactly that, and I would recommened it to the mass'.

Willjay is pretty good about putting out a few mods for BB. I for one just can't live without circle mod. I would like dbm signal, but it isn't a deal breaker.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2