Hi new here

honex97

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried any kernels? Franco, Trinity, and Lean Kernel are all fairly decent. And if you have Google Now, turn it off :).

If I download a kernel like francos do I have to look for the one specific to Verizon nexus or its one kernel for all nexus phones?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
If I download a kernel like francos do I have to look for the one specific to Verizon nexus or its one kernel for all nexus phones?

Yes. Always, always, always make sure that the kernel, rom, or whatever works for your device. You're looking for some mention of "toro" (Google's code name), Verizon, CDMA, etc.

amazin1988

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I disable some stuff what else can I disable to save I really don't wanna root just trying to stay stock just wanted some good tips

iTzAmazed

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Try juice defender app. That works pretty good to save battery here's the free one but there is a paid one with a lot more options
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.latedroid.juicedefender&token=GrvNml2C

I have had issues with juice defender specifically the data re-enabling once the screen is back on. It would work fine for awhile but eventually I would have to toggle airplane mode or restart my phone to get data to come back on. All the other features of juice defender ultimate work fine except this one YMMV

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I need a ROM that will save battery life cause man this phone is bad on life

iTzAmazed

There are many threads on battery life. I'll save you a lot of reading. Generally it's not the phone (unless you have a defective phone). It's one or more apps that you installed. Many of us, including me, get reasonable battery life. By reasonable I mean 12-16 hours per day without a recharge.

We've all gone through this though. Finding out what app or apps are chewing up your battery can be difficult. The built in battery indicator doesn't do a good enough job of detailing the problem. The only true way I've found is to do a factory reset and load only one app per day until you see the offending app. After that be very careful about what you install.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie