Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsdavis View Post
    Flash it
    When I try flashing it, it says installation aborted any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Flash it
    When I try flashing it, it says installation aborted any ideas?

What are the requirements for this cam?

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JkdJedi View Post
    Figured it out. #TinyPlanet
    I can create a #TinyPlanet picture but Gallery crashes when I try to save it. Any hints on how to fix that?
    (SIII Omega V31)

ROM
    stock

Any news about the language crash issue?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #730  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by WizardBGR View Post
    Any news about the language crash issue?
    Nope, that'll have to be for someone that knows a bit more about working around that stuff. Gave a whack at it and unfortunately won't have any time this week to sit down and really go to town with it.
    Thanked by:

Has anyone been able to find anymore info about the missing HDR issue?

Here's a couple links with the full 4.2 gapps.

Thanks. I flashed the Transformer Pack and everything seems to be working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0w View Post
    It freezes on my i9000 after taking the first picture, it just slowly slides down. The border isn't moving left or right or up or down.

EDIT : Ok I get that the i9000 has no gyroscope, meaning this is useless for Galaxy S people oh well..
    Yes... same here. No use with Galaxy S... I really think the gyroscope is a requirement for this app...

ROM
    Kang/CM10

Quote Originally Posted by budo76 View Post
    Yes... same here. No use with Galaxy S... I really think the gyroscope is a requirement for this app...
    It is. Older devices like the Samsung Galaxy S won't be able to function with the new camera.
    Motorola Droid Maxx

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - RIP
    CM10 Jellybro Jelly Bean

Asus Nexus 7
    AOKP JB Milestone 1

Everything is working on my Nexus S JB after I have flashed the .zip file. But now I get constant com.google.android.gsf.login failures. Anyone same issue?

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

The camera is working flawlessly for me. Very cool feature

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

hi
    could use this pack for my htc sensation ?
    Here's a couple links with the full 4.2 gapps.

Ok, so I flashed this on my E4GT (on Calk's 0.2.2 ROM) and I can get the panorama working if the flash is ON, and photosphere if I click the bottom left box (for video, camera, etc) and then move into landscape mode, AND THEN click PhotoSphere. Odd, but it works. I think this is a hardware issue as it's come up on any ROM/base I've ever been on, but my camera seems to persistently try and acquire focus. It makes a pretty loud buzzing noise (the camera itself) until I click on something to focus it in regular camera mode. The thing is, I can't force focus on something in PhotoSphere, it's just not an option.

PS By "work," I meant that photosphere opens. It does not, however, stitch the photos together correctly.

I have a Telus sgh1747M and am using paranoidkangdroid on cwm10. I followed all the installation instructions precisely, but am having the same issue as another poster mentioned.

Everything works fine, panorama, sphere, video (even grabbing a pic while shooting video) - except for taking A REGULAR PICTURE! It freezes the cam, I wait for the message "gallery not working" or whatever, then tap the cam app again and get the message "cannot connect to the camera". I can already feel the phone heating up, so I reboot.

I doubt I'm the only one experiencing this glitch, but I have yet to find a solution... does anyone have a solution? lol it's driving me nuts!

UPDATE: I installed the latest google apps 4.2 package, but no luck. I am new at this so my post might have made more sense if I'd mentioned that I'd installed all the apk and lib files manually, changing permissions as required, and not flashing anything.

Thanks for any ideas, folks.
    Last edited by JM4611; 11-06-2012 at 03:37 PM.

ROM
    CM-10

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Courtesy of yours truly.

Here's a link to the latest flashable zip, courtesy of mariusox! ==> Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera
    So, if I use this flashable zip, do I need to change permissions and whatnot? Or is it already done by flashing this?
    Thanks!
    Oh, and to be clear, this will work on Sprint Galaxy S3?

Quote Originally Posted by SeigaGen View Post
    It is. Older devices like the Samsung Galaxy S won't be able to function with the new camera.
    How come Layar does detect how you move your phone, maybe someone can mod the camera app for older devices with only accelerometer.

On my galaxy SII I can't record videos... Rootbox version 3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by JM4611 View Post
    I have a Telus sgh1747M and am using paranoidkangdroid on cwm10. I followed all the installation instructions precisely, but am having the same issue as another poster mentioned.

Everything works fine, panorama, sphere, video (even grabbing a pic while shooting video) - except for taking A REGULAR PICTURE! It freezes the cam, I wait for the message "gallery not working" or whatever, then tap the cam app again and get the message "cannot connect to the camera". I can already feel the phone heating up, so I reboot.

I doubt I'm the only one experiencing this glitch, but I have yet to find a solution... does anyone have a solution? lol it's driving me nuts!

UPDATE: I installed the latest google apps 4.2 package, but no luck. I am new at this so my post might have made more sense if I'd mentioned that I'd installed all the apk and lib files manually, changing permissions as required, and not flashing anything.

Thanks for any ideas, folks.
    I'm also on a Telus SGS-I474M, with the same camera issues. AOKP JB (d2AT&T) and the associated Gapps (2012-10-12 i think?).

I tried out the 4.2 camera because I lost the original camera app when I rooted & flashed this ROM. I used the newest flashable version of 4.2 camera, as well as the 4.2 Transformation Pack, but neither let me use the ordinary camera - just photosphere, video, etc.

It's my first time rooting & flashing so any help would be awesome. Really want a camera back, 4.2 would be great!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #744  
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by SpdDmn View Post
    I'm also on a Telus SGS-I474M, with the same camera issues. AOKP JB (d2AT&T) and the associated Gapps (2012-10-12 i think?).

I tried out the 4.2 camera because I lost the original camera app when I rooted & flashed this ROM. I used the newest flashable version of 4.2 camera, as well as the 4.2 Transformation Pack, but neither let me use the ordinary camera - just photosphere, video, etc.

It's my first time rooting & flashing so any help would be awesome. Really want a camera back, 4.2 would be great!
    Have you tried dirty flashing ROM/GAPPs?

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Hey guys.. I got the photosphere to work and posted them on G+ with no problem. However, I can only view them on my phone like a panorama.. How do I view them like a virtual room? Is there a file I am missing?

Hey Guys,
    I'm such a noobie around can anyone make a video tutorial for galaxy nexus i9250
    i will Thanks and Like your post
    Thank You!

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Working flawless for me as well, as far as everything working and not crashing. . I haven't been able to construct a decent looking photo sphere yet that's worth keeping, but I haven't messed around with it much.
    When I was just checking to see if everything was working properly, I noticed the new on screen zoom feature. Didn't know that existed. I don't like to use zoom on a phone camera, but it's nice to know about the pinch to zoom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Does anyone else have the problem where the first image taken is way out of line with the rest of the photospere?

Here are a couple samples of mine

Each time I start a photosphere, it seems that I have to start much higher that the horizon to get the blue dot, then when I start the next dots everything is lower? I am running CM10, and recently wiped and started over in an effort to fix this problem. No worky.

Flashed it on GSM Galaxy Nexus 4.1.2, then i was getting gallery stopped error. After that i downloaded and moved apk to system/app directory and set permissions, after reboot i could start camera app again. But now i keep on getting Google Play services has stopped. Gallery app also seems very slow in showing thumbnails.

Unhappy Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

My Fellow android enthusiasts

I am stuck and need your help. I am running a rooted (of course!) VZW GS3 16 GB. I am on AOKP JB-milestone 1 ROM, Kernel 3.0.48. Android version 4.1.2.

Now I love the new camera and gallery. I have grabbed and flashed multiple versions of the same (android police, droidlife, the whole GAPPS 4.2 package... and multiple more).

In every version I have tried, I have had the same issue.. everything works (video, panaroma, stills during video, photoshpere viewer, gallery effects etc..) however, the most BASIC function, the one of taking still pictures DOES NOT WORK!!!.

The moment I take a still picture, the camera and the gallery crash, and I have to reboot to get them working (as previously) again. I have tried and tried and tried, multiple versions, complete rebuild, everything, no effect. I am at my wit's end, and seek the asistance of your prodigious intellectual faculties to help me put of this jam...

On a side note, I have not yet figured out a way of changing the storage location to external memory card in this new camera.. cant find the setting...

Please help me out friends..
    R3CKL355 420 likes this.
Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast