Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

It works on my Galaxy Tab with 4.1.1
    But, sphere camera takes only first photo and refuse to take others

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the work in figuring out which files are needed to make this camera and gallery fully functional.

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running CleanROM 5.0 (based on a leaked Verizon 4.1.1 jelly bean build). When I placed the GMSCore.apk in the system/app file, and the libjni_mosaic.so in the system/lib file manually, the was already a GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so in the corresponding files.

A prompt came up indicating whether I wanted to overwrite the existing GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so files, or if I wanted to keep both. I opted keeping both since I figured it wouldn't hurt, and perhaps the files in this thread were updated 4.2 files. I did not want to overwrite the existing files since I thought they may be needed for the stock samsung camera and gallery.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Is there any harm in keeping both? Or is overwriting them a preferred option?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by kcirradx View Post
    Hello,

First of all, thanks for the work in figuring out which files are needed to make this camera and gallery fully functional.

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running CleanROM 5.0 (based on a leaked Verizon 4.1.1 jelly bean build). When I placed the GMSCore.apk in the system/app file, and the libjni_mosaic.so in the system/lib file manually, the was already a GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so in the corresponding files.

A prompt came up indicating whether I wanted to overwrite the existing GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so files, or if I wanted to keep both. I opted keeping both since I figured it wouldn't hurt, and perhaps the files in this thread were updated 4.2 files. I did not want to overwrite the existing files since I thought they may be needed for the stock samsung camera and gallery.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Is there any harm in keeping both? Or is overwriting them a preferred option?

Thanks in advance!
    You can't have both be functional at the same time. If you want to "keep" the old ones, back them up by moving to a different folder or rename them and add a ".bak" at the end. The new files you add must be named exactly as they come. When you select "keep both", they get renamed and won't work.

Sent from my 9100G, running CM10.1 / Codebox / Slim Bean, depending on the day

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by durk366 View Post
    You can't have both be functional at the same time. If you want to "keep" the old ones, back them up by moving to a different folder or rename them and add a ".bak" at the end. The new files you add must be named exactly as they come. When you select "keep both", they get renamed and won't work.

Thanks for the reply. Since the files with the same name are already there, would it be okay to just not add those 2 particular files in the system/ app and system/ lib folders? I am thinking that the 2 files in this thread, since they are from 4.2, are updated/ more recent files, so the preferred method would be to use the new files and remove the old files with the same name?

When you say move the pre-existing files to a different folder to back them up, can I move them to the sdcard? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kcirradx View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Since the files with the same name are already there, would it be okay to just not add those 2 particular files in the system/ app and system/ lib folders? I am thinking that the 2 files in this thread, since they are from 4.2, are updated/ more recent files, so the preferred method would be to use the new files and remove the old files with the same name?

When you say move the pre-existing files to a different folder to back them up, can I move them to the sdcard? Thanks.
    Yes, move them to the sd. You can try not using them, but I'm 99.99% sure that they're updated and necessary.

works on Samsung galaxy s2 running wicked sensations 4.0.4

ROM
    JB stok

Hi, I have a galaxy s3 from t-mobile with stock JB. I copied the files (.apk in the system and the other 3 in lib) to the directories and set the permissions. now I have two cameras. 360 gives me an stop error. Can you help me. Not sure what to do. I have read many posts and I am confused. Thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Freeze the old camera app

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    JB stok

Quote Originally Posted by seanmackeige View Post
    Same here. Put mosaic file in system/lib and panorama works. T-mobile sgs3

Very nice.
    Hi, I have a t-mobile sgs3 also, could you help me to get it to work. I copied to the folders and I have two cameras now but the 360 won't work. Thanks.

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9

I had the 4.2 camera installed before I upgraded to the Cyanogenmod nightly 10.1 and now I cannot get the camera or gallery to work. I read the thread on the 4.2 camera but nothing works. My shortcut on the main screen for the camera and gallery say "not installed". Any and all help would be appreciated.
    Treo600>Treo 650>Treo 700>BB Pearl>BB Curve>BB Tour> DINC> Galaxy Nexus

ight what is a lib? is it a regular flash? and I need a zip... also does it forclose because thats been p!ssing me off... THANKS

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Hello,

i installed this flashable zip to a rooted stock verizon 4.1.1 using nexus root toolkit 1.6.1. After i flash and try to run camera or anything the gallery FC every time... thoughts?

-Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by AuxLV View Post
    Well, it DOES NOT work on HTC One X with CM10. liblightcycle.so crashes after taking first shot. Eh...
    I'm running the CM10 Hybrid 4.1.2 JB Paranoid Android 2+ ROM and it works perfectly for me. HTC One X(ATT)

Hi! I just flashed the ZIP and copied the libs but I'm getting an error. When I open camera, gallery has an FC. (unfortunately Gallery has stopped.) I deleted the old gallery and reflashed the zip but the bug is still there, I cant use the camera. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Default Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Camera pic to SD default

Hi,
    After installing jb 4.2.1 cm10.1 nightly on my galaxy s2 i have no option to save pics to external sd, pls hlp ?

SGS2 CM10.1 JB4.2.1
    TapaTalk /Thaiger

Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Camera pic to SD default

LG 4XHD
    Camera ok
    Galeria ok
    Photo sphere - Not work
    Video - Not work
    HDR - Not work
    Any ideas to fix these options?

i tried it everything you said and still i get the stupid gallery wont open error..

i cleared cache and dvcache in recovery deleted gallery2.apk, installed the camera4.2_t04.zip file, made sure permissions were set. reboot and still nothing.
    im on 4.1.2 also.
    toro nexus.
    please help, i miss my camera

Hello.

I installed the camera app, along with files which fixes the FCs, and I'm surprised that it works like a charm... except the photosphere mode. It says that it is not yet supported. Any fixes to that?

Phone: HTC Sensation XE Z715e (rooted)

When I Click The SphereView Icon "Three Circles Right"?It FC Saying Camere/Gallery 3D Has Stopped???

Dear mariusox,

Camera is not working with Sony Ericssion ARC S LT18i with CM10. Any solution?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I was just in a meeting and had to take photos of the white board to email to everyone, someone commented that the new iPhone has landscape photographs... I cracked up laughing and told them that Android has had that for a while and now we have PhotoSphere... they didnt have a clue what to say next!!
    My android devices:

Currently: Samsung Galaxy S2 - T989, Stock.
    Previous: Samsung Nexus S 4G, Bugless Beast, Matr1x, Lulzactive sio.

I am using build.prop editor but it does not change the values - ihave sgh i717

- - - Updated - - -

I am using build.prop editor but it does not change the values - ihave sgh i717

i dont get why im having so much trouble I can get cam/gallery going but it won't take photos... ive don'e everything but edit the buildtop

Pushed files with android comander *is that ok* changed permisions... reset (notta) is there something super secret I missed in middle of thread or something I read as much as I could. I mean beside pushing files and fixing permission must I edit build?

DAMIT last night it worked then I had to restore and now no matter waht I do it won't work... I tried all of the cam zips out there im S3 i747 on JELLYBAM
    I even fixed permssions after words flashing the patched cam...
    SO if you got this to work please give me a link from thread that told you how So i can read it step by step and try again though im not sure what else to try
    I even tried pushing each file my self by hand GROWL

everything works but the regular dam cam ic an even take self photos and i can take photos while recording which is cool but i dunno i hate hasving broke crap
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536 ... LastLast