Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 LastLast
Results 876 to 900 of 910
Like Tree219Likes
  1. #876  
    Joe113's Avatar

    Posts
    853 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ROM
    R.D.D.T ND2 v1

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by dhworph View Post
    If you flash the zip, then you don't need to do anything, as that will move the apks and libs to the proper place and set their permissions. ALso, it will overwrite your stock camera, so be sure to backup it up and/or do a nandroid. I definitely recommend backing up with a nandroid before flashing the zip or doing anything with system files!
    OK, so I flash the zip then what do I do with the APK?
  2. #877  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe113 View Post
    OK, so I flash the zip then what do I do with the APK?
    If you flash the zip, then there is no need to do anything with any apk's, as they are all in the zip. The reason I included the apk, is for some reason I found that it wasn't zipaligned. I'm not really an expert at this, so take my advice with a grain of salt. If I were you, I would go back and re-read the OP.
  3. #878  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Thanks for the link. Each and everything is working except when I take a typical picture it FC. Thnx again, please lemme know if there is a fix without removing the stock camera app.
  4. #879  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Sujay Shinoda View Post
    Thanks for the link. Each and everything is working except when I take a typical picture it FC. Thnx again, please lemme know if there is a fix without removing the stock camera app.
    I think you have to remove the stock camera app. FC's... you could try wiping dalvik, cache, or doing a factory reset. Once you have flashed this camera to your system folder, it will still be there after a factory reset. Could try clearing all cache and data associated with the camera first...
  5. #880  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    hey guys, im on xperia ray running cm 10

    After flashing the latest zip file now I have 2 cameras and 2 galleries

    However, the 4.2 camera didn't working so well
    Means that, I can open the camera and I can access all the setting, etc. but the worst is I CAN'T SEE A THING on the camera

    Can anyone help me how I can fix this ?
  6. #881  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    still cannot record hd video on my SG2. flashed and tried averything in this thread. anyone?
  7. #882  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Hey guys, Im very very new to all this, I downloaded the file, but I dont find the instructions of how to install the apps, and everything
    My phone is rooted Samsung Galaxy 2

    Please help, thanks in advance

    I need step by step, because I dont know what you guys mean with "flash XXX "
  8. #883  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Hi there, can you help me

    Whats the procedure step by step that you follow to install the camara ?
    how to I flash?
  9. #884  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by PTYCOOL View Post
    Hi there, can you help me

    Whats the procedure step by step that you follow to install the camara ?
    how to I flash?
    If you have never flashed anything before, you should start by reading an "all things root" guide, however im not familiar with the Samsung Galaxy 2, so Idon't know where to point you to. First you'll need to be familiar with the process of backing up and restoring nandroids using a custom recovery. A custom recovery is what you use to flash zip files. The most popular recoveries are clockworkmod and twrp (You can get them both from the Rom Manager app -- in the market).

    Read this post that links to the flashable camera zip.
  10. #885  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Not working in my galaxy s advance..Force closing everytime..need help
  11. #886  

    Thumbs down Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    deleted
    Last edited by Fabrizio Freedom; 03-27-2013 at 10:01 AM.
  12. #887  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Does this work with rigel r3 based on 4.1.2? Or is it strictly 4.1.1? Cause i downloaded, moved to system/app under the name googlegallery.apk, fixed permissions, rebooted and got nothing except for an error.
  13. #888  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    how to install that package
  14. #889  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    I'm on my Galaxy S3, rooted with CM10.1. I've installed the camera from the zip. Photoshere, panorama, and video capture all work wonderfully, as far as I can tell from the limited testing I just performed. However, just a standard picture freezes the camera. After a few seconds, "Activity Camera isn't responding" message pops up. If I go the the gallery, the picture I just tried to take is just grey. Trying to go back to the camera give me the error "Can't connect to the camera." At this point, the phone starts getting rather warm. I have to restart the phone for things to go back to normal.


    Any idea what the issue is??? Or, better yet, how to solve it??

    UPDATE: Whoa I have been trying to figure this out literally for months. After posting this last night, I decided to poke buttons at random. I ended up in recovery, and I "Fix permissions"'d. Boom! the camera works perfectly! I hope this may help anyone with a similar problem.
    Last edited by edthatalkinhorse; 04-03-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Thanked by 2:
  15. #890  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by edthatalkinhorse View Post
    I'm on my Galaxy S3, rooted with CM10.1. I've installed the camera from the zip. Photoshere, panorama, and video capture all work wonderfully, as far as I can tell from the limited testing I just performed. However, just a standard picture freezes the camera. After a few seconds, "Activity Camera isn't responding" message pops up. If I go the the gallery, the picture I just tried to take is just grey. Trying to go back to the camera give me the error "Can't connect to the camera." At this point, the phone starts getting rather warm. I have to restart the phone for things to go back to normal.


    Any idea what the issue is??? Or, better yet, how to solve it??

    UPDATE: Whoa I have been trying to figure this out literally for months. After posting this last night, I decided to poke buttons at random. I ended up in recovery, and I "Fix permissions"'d. Boom! the camera works perfectly! I hope this may help anyone with a similar problem.
    Sweet! Just picked up a GS3 and flashed CM 10.1 M3, I come to this thread, and yours is the most recent post. Very good news indeed. Does CM not include Photosphere for legal reasons or something? Or are they supposedly working on it? Don't know why they wouldn't include this if it's even slightly working. Is there anything special I need to do to "Fix Permissions" in Recovery, or anything I need to worry about before doing so? Never done that before.
  16. #891  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Although I appreciate that the 4.2.1 and 4.2.0 versions work fine, is there a hacked version of the 4.2.2 Photosphere that is flashable on Nexus S?

    Also, what version of GmsCore.apk would be being modified? As far as I can see, there have been these versions of Google Play services released to the Play Store (com.google.android.gms-2.apk):

    Sep 26, 2012:
    Version 1.0.13

    Dec 16, 2012:
    Version 2.0.12 (543433-10)
    md5: 6413100ccfca460007fdc988b1363db8

    Feb 26, 2013:
    Version 3.0.25 (583950-10)

    April 8, 2013:
    Version 3.0.27 (599131-10)
    md5: 2d3daf756852d813cd78366342b33d4d


    I notice that even the latest version of BaNkS 4.2.2 GApps ([4-20-2013]) has stuck with 2.0.12 because including the newer versions causes force-closes.
  17. #892  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Hi there ,

    I'm new joined this forum,,
    Just wanna asking, this apk will work with my phone or not?
    I'm using galaxy young..
    Today i'm using USSR V.9 ROM..

    Pls advise

    Thx before
    .
  18. #893  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Not a flashable zip, but a zip of the two lib files I posted earlier.

    I will find any and all other lib files after work. But work is calling and I won't have my stuff there .
    I've added the two files, everything works fine except of the PhotoSphere, it just FC without showing any message or error. Gallery, Edit and all rest works fine. What should I do?

    Thanks
  19. #894  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Yes same with my gt p1000 I upgrade it to 4.2 jb powered by cynogenmod nightlies v. My questioned is how can I fix my camera. Plz. Help.
  20. #895  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    I have a GS4 rooted with stock ROM. I have flashed the zip and verified that permissions are set on all files. I am able to open and use the Gallery; however, the camera force closes immediately after opening. Any suggestions?
  21. #896  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    fail to installl
    :-(
  22. #897  

    Unhappy Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    couldn work on my rooted Huawei Honor with Cyanogenmod10 custom rom. it says that the gallery stop working
  23. #898  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Hi guys and gals,

    I'm not new here but this is my first post.

    I rooted my Galaxy S3 (I9300) about a month ago and love it. Running Cyanogenmod9.

    I installed the 4.2 camera and gallery without any problems and was able to use the normal camera and gallery functions without any problems right from the word go. I also had no problems using photosphere (both in the camera and in the gallery) which is very cool and made my girlfriend who owns an iPhone 5 very jealous!!!

    the problems I have are:

    1) I can't get tiny planet to work at all. everytime i'm in the gallery and i click on the tinyplanet button the app crashes and i get a "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped working".
    2) I can't edit ANY photos. i get the same crash as above
    3) recently (about 2 weeks after installing the 4.2 camera) i have problems trying to launch the application and i get the occasional msg saying "couldn't connect to the camera" or something along those lines.

    I have set my language to English (US), I have unzipped numerous times and cleared cache and dalvik cache but nothing seems to get me anywhere.

    Ideally I would love to wipe the old apps and re-install fresh ones again to "start from scratch". If anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix these problems i would really appreciate it.
  24. #899  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    scarab78, don't use Cyanogenmod 9. It's pretty old at this point. Use at least 10 or even 10.1 (which I use). Pretty sure using 10.1 will solve all of your issues.
  25. #900  

    Default Re: Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarab78 View Post
    Hi guys and gals,

    I'm not new here but this is my first post.

    I rooted my Galaxy S3 (I9300) about a month ago and love it. Running Cyanogenmod9.

    I installed the 4.2 camera and gallery without any problems and was able to use the normal camera and gallery functions without any problems right from the word go. I also had no problems using photosphere (both in the camera and in the gallery) which is very cool and made my girlfriend who owns an iPhone 5 very jealous!!!

    the problems I have are:

    1) I can't get tiny planet to work at all. everytime i'm in the gallery and i click on the tinyplanet button the app crashes and i get a "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped working".
    2) I can't edit ANY photos. i get the same crash as above
    3) recently (about 2 weeks after installing the 4.2 camera) i have problems trying to launch the application and i get the occasional msg saying "couldn't connect to the camera" or something along those lines.

    I have set my language to English (US), I have unzipped numerous times and cleared cache and dalvik cache but nothing seems to get me anywhere.

    Ideally I would love to wipe the old apps and re-install fresh ones again to "start from scratch". If anyone has any suggestions on how i can fix these problems i would really appreciate it.
    Try going to apps and clear data on that app if u haven't already

    Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HELP! Not able to open camera album after Jelly Bean update!
    By liana ramlee in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 12:27 AM
  2. Verizon Galaxy Nexus camera not working after flashing Jelly Bean
    By egarcia85 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-06-2012, 12:09 AM
  3. Jelly Bean Camera Tricks
    By Sooks in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-02-2012, 10:57 AM
  4. Next version after Ice Cream Sandwich to be called Jelly Bean!!!
    By skitzer9 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 08:00 PM
  5. Version after Ice Scream Sandwich to be called Jelly Bean!!!
    By skitzer9 in forum General News & Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2011, 06:07 PM

Posting Permissions