Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

jinkamaza

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
K so heres what i did to make it work so that i didnt get the gallery FC error. BTW im on AOKP JB Milestone 1 w/ Franco kernal. Flash the 4.2Camera_t01.zip file in recovery. then boot back up. Once your OS has loaded, you will most likely get a gallery FC error. I used Root Explorer and went to System-App and you will see a Gallery2.apk file. I renamed it to Gallery2.bak. Once thats done, REBOOT your phone. Once it loaded back up, i never got the FC again. If you had app icons for camera or gallery on your homescreen, they will be gone. Just go back to your drawer and re add the app icon shortcut to your homescreen. Hope this helps out

Want to try that, but there is no gallery2.apk only googlegallery.apk it was also googlegallery.apk even before i did anything to it...

bobreiter#AC

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I got it running, no FC's. One thing I miss is the ability to show the thumbnail for the last pic taken (a direct link to gallary from camera). This was useful in sharing photos via MMS, email or FB.

Also, still sends portrait photos as landscape (rotated) via MMS...

enaybee

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Using i747 (AT&T SGS3) on a custom JB leak rom. Flash is working on everything. Simple photo and video. I tried to use flash on Sphere and apparently its not available in that mode.
Hope this helps.
Me but photo with flash fc's everything else is fine

I9300 running omega v31

Oh and the photosphere viewing button doesn't work reading back a couple pages, apparently it needs an app..

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I got it running, no FC's. One thing I miss is the ability to show the thumbnail for the last pic taken (a direct link to gallary from camera). This was useful in sharing photos via MMS, email or FB.
Swipe right to left anywhere on the screen when viewing the camera, it will take you to your recent pictures.
from there you can set it to film strip or grid view (top left corner)

sandhuatac

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Running Cm10 10/29 nightly on my vzw S3. Copied apk to system/apps, copied the libs, set perms and rebooted. At reboot, it showed updating Android and optimizing one app. But after boot up, I do not see either the camera or gallery application. What gives? :)

edurjbr

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, everything is working fine with my gnex team eos custom rom.

But, I can?t seem to properly see the photosphere photos. They stay still, and when I press the photosphere buttom on the picture, nothing happens