Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I just realized one really amazing thing in 4.2 and it's not photosphere. The Editing tools you can use for your photos are pretty amazing and can really make a crappy photo look really really good.

deano7

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I am a noob, but I've spent the last 5 hours going through this thread and trying to figure this all out. I have a Verizon Galaxy Nexus running 4.1.1 and I've unlocked it and rooted it - SuperSU is working fine. I have tried using the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit v 9.1 and I've also used the Nexus Root Toolkit 1.5.5. Every time I install either the 4.2 t04, I get a gallery force close. When I try and install the KDH_NXT Gen GAPPS 4.2, everything force closes. What am I missing? All i want to do is use photosphere and if I have to wait for Verizon, it will take months. Anyone got a second to help?

vis0nz

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Here is my latest flashable zip.
It contains all the files provided by dmmarck.

• GalleryGoogle.apk [The actual Camera and Gallery]
  • GmsCore.apk [Sphereview]
  • libjni_filtershow_filters.so [PhotoEditing in Gallery]
  • libjni_mosaic.so [Panorama Photo]
  • linlightcycle.so [Photosphere]
The GalleryGoogle.apk is the modded one from androidpolice.

That make the working/not working list look like this:
1. Panorama.
2. Photosphere. (requires gyroscope?)
3. Photo editing.
4. Sphereview.
5. All ordinary camera/video functions.
6. Should* work on ALL phones.

For gallery to not FC when rendering Sphere shots, change your system language to English (United States).
This will also make Sphereview work!

Here is the new zip. Please do not mirror unless it's absolutely necessary as I wish to keep track on how many downloads I get on this file.
Dev-Host - 4.2Camera_t04.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

*should doesn't mean do.

Worked like a charm USCC SGSIII, AOKP JB M1, thanks

estods3

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Here is my latest flashable zip.
It contains all the files provided by dmmarck.

• GalleryGoogle.apk [The actual Camera and Gallery]
  • GmsCore.apk [Sphereview]
  • libjni_filtershow_filters.so [PhotoEditing in Gallery]
  • libjni_mosaic.so [Panorama Photo]
  • linlightcycle.so [Photosphere]
The GalleryGoogle.apk is the modded one from androidpolice.

That make the working/not working list look like this:
1. Panorama.
2. Photosphere. (requires gyroscope?)
3. Photo editing.
4. Sphereview.
5. All ordinary camera/video functions.
6. Should* work on ALL phones.

For gallery to not FC when rendering Sphere shots, change your system language to English (United States).
This will also make Sphereview work!

Here is the new zip. Please do not mirror unless it's absolutely necessary as I wish to keep track on how many downloads I get on this file.
Dev-Host - 4.2Camera_t04.zip - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

*should doesn't mean do.

Hi I'm new to rooting but I have a Verizon Galaxy nexus rooted with superSu and clockworkmod recovery I don't have a custom ROM or anything like that .will flashing this .zip in clockworkmod still work for me ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yep, works great on my sprint EVGT, except for video. button press on record does not activate the recording.

I'm running miui.us JB rom 2.11.16

metcag

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys, I installed this on my Asus TF201, everything seems to be working but the Photo sphere asks me to align, then it lights the 3 dots and then FC without any message on screen. Any ideas?

rosachin21k

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
How did you get it to work? HAving the same problem. Thanks

Downloaded.. Moved it to System/Apps in Root Explorer.. Set permissions to RW-R-R.. tried to install.. got message "App not installed"... then tried to reset and install again "App not installed" message again. I try to go to the gallery and get the message "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped"

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Everything is working except the pano is kinda off track but besides that fine just unzip the file thru recovery and follow the directions from post 3
tabetu6e.jpg

Sent from my EPIC WHITE SGS2 Rockin CM10 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech