Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

kcirradx

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the work in figuring out which files are needed to make this camera and gallery fully functional.

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running CleanROM 5.0 (based on a leaked Verizon 4.1.1 jelly bean build). When I placed the GMSCore.apk in the system/app file, and the libjni_mosaic.so in the system/lib file manually, the was already a GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so in the corresponding files.

A prompt came up indicating whether I wanted to overwrite the existing GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so files, or if I wanted to keep both. I opted keeping both since I figured it wouldn't hurt, and perhaps the files in this thread were updated 4.2 files. I did not want to overwrite the existing files since I thought they may be needed for the stock samsung camera and gallery.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Is there any harm in keeping both? Or is overwriting them a preferred option?

Thanks in advance!

durk366

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the work in figuring out which files are needed to make this camera and gallery fully functional.

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running CleanROM 5.0 (based on a leaked Verizon 4.1.1 jelly bean build). When I placed the GMSCore.apk in the system/app file, and the libjni_mosaic.so in the system/lib file manually, the was already a GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so in the corresponding files.

A prompt came up indicating whether I wanted to overwrite the existing GMSCore.apk and libjni_mosaic.so files, or if I wanted to keep both. I opted keeping both since I figured it wouldn't hurt, and perhaps the files in this thread were updated 4.2 files. I did not want to overwrite the existing files since I thought they may be needed for the stock samsung camera and gallery.

Anyone have thoughts on this? Is there any harm in keeping both? Or is overwriting them a preferred option?

Thanks in advance!

You can't have both be functional at the same time. If you want to "keep" the old ones, back them up by moving to a different folder or rename them and add a ".bak" at the end. The new files you add must be named exactly as they come. When you select "keep both", they get renamed and won't work.

Sent from my 9100G, running CM10.1 / Codebox / Slim Bean, depending on the day ;)

kcirradx

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
You can't have both be functional at the same time. If you want to "keep" the old ones, back them up by moving to a different folder or rename them and add a ".bak" at the end. The new files you add must be named exactly as they come. When you select "keep both", they get renamed and won't work.

Sent from my 9100G, running CM10.1 / Codebox / Slim Bean, depending on the day ;)

Thanks for the reply. Since the files with the same name are already there, would it be okay to just not add those 2 particular files in the system/ app and system/ lib folders? I am thinking that the 2 files in this thread, since they are from 4.2, are updated/ more recent files, so the preferred method would be to use the new files and remove the old files with the same name?

When you say move the pre-existing files to a different folder to back them up, can I move them to the sdcard? Thanks.

durk366

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. Since the files with the same name are already there, would it be okay to just not add those 2 particular files in the system/ app and system/ lib folders? I am thinking that the 2 files in this thread, since they are from 4.2, are updated/ more recent files, so the preferred method would be to use the new files and remove the old files with the same name?

When you say move the pre-existing files to a different folder to back them up, can I move them to the sdcard? Thanks.

Yes, move them to the sd. You can try not using them, but I'm 99.99% sure that they're updated and necessary.

rdefranx

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a galaxy s3 from t-mobile with stock JB. I copied the files (.apk in the system and the other 3 in lib) to the directories and set the permissions. now I have two cameras. 360 gives me an stop error. Can you help me. Not sure what to do. I have read many posts and I am confused. Thanks.

TreoDru

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I had the 4.2 camera installed before I upgraded to the Cyanogenmod nightly 10.1 and now I cannot get the camera or gallery to work. I read the thread on the 4.2 camera but nothing works. My shortcut on the main screen for the camera and gallery say "not installed". Any and all help would be appreciated.

linkkoh

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

i installed this flashable zip to a rooted stock verizon 4.1.1 using nexus root toolkit 1.6.1. After i flash and try to run camera or anything the gallery FC every time... thoughts?

-Daniel

educkmod

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi! I just flashed the ZIP and copied the libs but I'm getting an error. When I open camera, gallery has an FC. (unfortunately Gallery has stopped.) I deleted the old gallery and reflashed the zip but the bug is still there, I cant use the camera. Does anyone know a solution to this?

ThaigerPinoy

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Camera pic to SD default

Hi,
After installing jb 4.2.1 cm10.1 nightly on my galaxy s2 i have no option to save pics to external sd, pls hlp ?

SGS2 CM10.1 JB4.2.1
TapaTalk /Thaiger

zidany

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: Jelly Bean 4.2.1 Camera pic to SD default

LG 4XHD
Camera ok
Galeria ok
Photo sphere - Not work
Video - Not work
HDR - Not work
Any ideas to fix these options?

aprs2k

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
i tried it everything you said and still i get the stupid gallery wont open error..

i cleared cache and dvcache in recovery deleted gallery2.apk, installed the camera4.2_t04.zip file, made sure permissions were set. reboot and still nothing.
im on 4.1.2 also.
toro nexus.
please help, i miss my camera :(

ThomasAndroid

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I installed the camera app, along with files which fixes the FCs, and I'm surprised that it works like a charm... except the photosphere mode. It says that it is not yet supported. Any fixes to that?

Phone: HTC Sensation XE Z715e (rooted)