Jelly Bean 4.2 Camera

evansgw

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I was just in a meeting and had to take photos of the white board to email to everyone, someone commented that the new iPhone has landscape photographs... I cracked up laughing and told them that Android has had that for a while and now we have PhotoSphere... they didnt have a clue what to say next!!

Harinder Sahota

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I am using build.prop editor but it does not change the values - ihave sgh i717

- - - Updated - - -

I am using build.prop editor but it does not change the values - ihave sgh i717

Zcortlandt

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
i dont get why im having so much trouble I can get cam/gallery going but it won't take photos... ive don'e everything but edit the buildtop

Pushed files with android comander *is that ok* changed permisions... reset (notta) is there something super secret I missed in middle of thread or something I read as much as I could. I mean beside pushing files and fixing permission must I edit build?

Zcortlandt

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
DAMIT last night it worked then I had to restore and now no matter waht I do it won't work... I tried all of the cam zips out there im S3 i747 on JELLYBAM
I even fixed permssions after words flashing the patched cam...
SO if you got this to work please give me a link from thread that told you how So i can read it step by step and try again though im not sure what else to try
I even tried pushing each file my self by hand GROWL

Zcortlandt

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
everything works but the regular dam cam ic an even take self photos and i can take photos while recording which is cool but i dunno i hate hasving broke crap

Zcortlandt

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
OK i was wrong everything works except regular cam with Flash if you don't use flash it works fine... but how do I live with out flash! ALL MY PHOTOS ARE IN THE DARK

no really there not but i do want flash any fix for that or is this as good as it gets? im happy it works enough I can use my other cam for flash photos BTW so u know what i did to get this far

I deleted all old lib and system files, then I installed apps then after installed wipe cache dalibk then after that I went ahead reboot and fixed permsions then before tried anything i reboot then I used it

Everything good but the dam flash

Windfrenzy

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Verizon (Toro) Gnex. I got the gallery has stopped issue when I first flashed the zip, but got it to work by doing the following. Thanks to SpecR for the detailed post and all here.
1) uninstalled CameraFX (not sure if this contributed, but it seemed prudent)
2) Set up ES File Explorer for /system access and modification (go to settings, Root settings and check everything)
3) Used ES File Explorer to change extensions to GalleryGoogle apk and odex to bak and obak (in /system/app)
4) Used ES File Explorer to change extension to GmsCore odex to bak (/system/app)
5) Used ES File Explorer to put all the files in the OP in their proper places and change file permissions to rw-r-r
6) Reboot in TWRP recovery
7) Wipe cache and dalvik cache
8) Reboot

Anyone have a way to add HDR capability to this camera? I'd like to try that, but it sounded like adding that lib didn't work for folks.

texaslittleangel

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
One more to the list of error "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped."

I've got a Nexus 4 running 4.2.1 rooted only.

I noticed the problem when I accidentally uninstalled Gallery with TBP whilst uninstalling Google Books and a couple of other crap apps.

Followed instructions of installing the 4.2Camera zip as well as the toolkit zip via recovery with no avail.
Deleted the apps, added them. No luck
Copy pasted the lib (.so) files and changed permissions (replaced existing). No luck
Rebooted a million times. Did a data, cache and dalvic cleanup and No luck
Fixed permissions via ROM Manager, No luck

I had installed instragram and then deleted it. I also installed Quickpic (doubt any of these have anything to do with the problem though).

Josef Ferguson

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
OK, so apparently I got myself in over my head. I'm pretty sure I followed the directions to the letter. Copied GalleryGoogle.apk and GMSCore.apk to the system>apps folder, changed permissions to RW-R-R (did NOT install). Copied libjni_filtershow_filters.so and libjni_mosaic.so and liblightcycle.so to the system>lib folder (is that right? not sure), changed permissions to RW-R-R, rebooted a couple times.
But whenever I try to open the camera or the gallery, I get the "Unfortunately, Gallery has stopped working" error. What did I miss? (Keep in mind that, like I said earlier, I'm in way over my head here. Explain it to me as if you were explaining it to your grandfather or a particularly stupid cousin.)
Thanks for any help.

texaslittleangel

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
i got my camera to work as posted above BUT when i tried using the photosphere yesterday I get the following message "Sorry, your device is not yet supoorted. Model: unknown (LGE)."

I went into the build.prop and noticed that the ro.product.model and the ro.product.brand files are missing. I am assuming this could be the issue.

EDIT: Added the two ro's missing and I now have a fully functional camera!

Last edited:

chonpan

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Well I am totaly lost in space!!!
Is there any guide to install 4.2 camera on rotted 4.1.2 odex ROM?
My device Galaxy SIII Mini
Thanks in advance
PC. Flashing zip in first post , fixing permissions gives me a black screen and no respond from phone. I have to take the battery off to restart

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
hello everybody,
android jelly bean 4.2 camera working awesomely, but somehow the video recording doesn't work.
it is kind of bug? or did i do something wrong? any solution would be helpful..
thanks..

Samsung GSII [GT-i9100]
Resurrection Remix 3.1.2
Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Last edited:

pmcd1962

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
hello everybody,
android jelly bean 4.2 camera working awesomely, but somehow the video recording doesn't work.
it is kind of bug? or did i do something wrong? any solution would be helpful..
thanks..

Samsung GSII [GT-i9100]
Resurrection Remix 3.1.2
Jelly Bean 4.1.2

Just used mine with no problems. What is yours doing or not doing? Any error message?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums