Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2defmouze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default OK...Yeah I'm a Noob

I've installed CWM and rooted my gnex and did my backups with TiBu and Rom Manager but when I try to install the new rom it just seems to boot right back into the stock rom. I get the android guy with a red triangle on his back and a couple minutes later the phone is running normally. What could I be doing wrong?
    Android Enthusiast

ROM
    SKAnkCM10/Milestone6

Default Re: OK...Yeah I'm a Noob

Quote Originally Posted by electrik62 View Post
    I've installed CWM and rooted my gnex and did my backups with TiBu and Rom Manager but when I try to install the new rom it just seems to boot right back into the stock rom. I get the android guy with a red triangle on his back and a couple minutes later the phone is running normally. What could I be doing wrong?
    Welcome to life in the fast lane, we've all done this, forgetting to flash the recovery. first option at the top of the CWM app. have at it and flash away.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I've flashed Clockworkmod recovery from within Rom Manager twice before trying to flash the rom.
    Update: When I flashed it again it apparently "took" this time. All seems to be going well!!
    Thanks JkdJedi
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK...I tried flashing JBS 3.1 and it aborted the install so I tried flashing JBS 2.2 and it aborted. Then I tried CNA 3.8 and it aborted. I'm pulling my hair out!!! I restored original stock rom but woulsd like to proceed. What am i doing wrong? I'm running 4.1.1

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

I've flashed Clockworkmod recovery from within Rom Manager twice before trying to flash the rom.
    Update: When I flashed it again it apparently "took" this time. All seems to be going well!!
    Thanks JkdJedi
    Until you delete the file "recovery-from-boot.p" from /system your custom recovery won't stick (you won't have this problem when you flash a custom ROM as they all have this taken care of already, so you can wait until then)

OK...I tried flashing JBS 3.1 and it aborted the install so I tried flashing JBS 2.2 and it aborted. Then I tried CNA 3.8 and it aborted. I'm pulling my hair out!!! I restored original stock rom but woulsd like to proceed. What am i doing wrong? I'm running 4.1.1
    Firstly I wouldn't recommend either of those ROMs, I suggest AOKP or CM10 (since you seem to be looking for something with some healthy options, based on your choices). Secondly make sure before flashing you are wiping everything within recovery. Don't use ROM Manager to flash. Use it to flash and boot into your recovery (if you must, lol), then from within recovery:
    Wipe data/factory reset
    Wipe cache
    Wipe dalvik cache
    Wipe system (Format /system under Mounts & Storage if using CWM)

Then flash the ROM and gapps and reboot. Double check that you are downloading the correct ROMs for your device as well.. VZW gnex is Toro, it should say this in the ROM description or filename.
    Thanked by:
    JkdJedi likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks for the advice 2defmouze. I'll give it another try. Stayed tuned