4.2 GAPPS - Not Signed

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Word of caution when using, this GAPPS has shown some issues with STOCK Jelly Bean. I have read that this GAPPS should work with AOKP and CM10 ROMS. The GAPPS is a port from the Nexus 4 and will work with all Galaxy Nexus devices. I can't guarantee that it will work with any other devices.

I am not the developer so be cautious when flashing and make sure to back up your ROM. All other disclaimers... I will not be responsible if you brick your phones :).

The original post and author can be found here:
NXT-GEN | 4.2 GAPPS | ANY ROM/DEVICE - KILLMods - Rom Droid Hacks

This GAPPS includes all updated:
  • All Standard G apps.
  • Camera
  • Desk clock
  • Chrome
  • Maps
  • Gmail
  • Play Store
  • Talk
  • Street
  • Core Apps
  • All libs for functionality.

DOWNLOAD HERE:
KDH_4.2_GAPPS_V2_DEO.zip - 142.90 MB

Install:
  • Wipe Cache and Dalvik
  • Flash it

Works for all DEODEXED ROMs and Devices

CHANGE LOG:
  • Updated Keyboard
  • Updated Services
  • Added Latest Wallet
  • Removed Launcher (Not a G App)
  • Updated Deployment to handle cleaning old Data and Caches better.
  • Fairy Magic Dust

Thanks, and Enjoy.

Last edited:

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I installed these and am running Bugless Beast 4.1.2 ROM. So far I'm not seeing any issues, but haven't played with them much since I'm at work. If anything changes, I'll let everyone know.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else tried this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I downloaded from a different link, but it looks like the same package. So far, no issues. The only difference I see is in the keyboard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
No issues here. Although I dig the new clock features, but man that widget is fugly. I've always used the stock analog, but I'm assuming I can get any other clock widget and when I press it I'll have the 4.2 features. Is that correct?

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Im on AOKP Build 5 and i flashed this GAPPS package last night. So far all the new 4.2 features ive tried work including the camera/photosphere/pinch zoom in gmail. No issues with the install either. Loaded the zip onto the card, Wiped Dalvik and cache, flashed and rebooted. I had an issue with the calendar syncing at first, but another reboot after the initial boot fixed that. So far I don't see a reason not to recommend to anyone looking to try some 4.2 goodies. But just in case there is a problem, run a backup prior to flashing.

EDIT: Calendar issues came back, see below....

Last edited:

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It's been a while since I flashed a gapp package right over a ROM (ROM w/ gapps in place), can this be done with this one?

Tapatalk sent from the GneX

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while since I flashed a gapp package right over a ROM (ROM w/ gapps in place), can this be done with this one?

It's not recommended regardless of the specific ROM or Gapps package... Since whatever Gapps you used when you originally flashed probably contained different ones than the next package (not just different versions, like how some packages contain gmail or wallet or g+, while others don't), you are potentially adding or removing apps from your /system/apps directory without making the appropriate adjustments to your data. Not to mention the ones in the newer version are going to replace, rather than upgrade, already installed gapps, so data might not be properly handled between them without upgrading properly.

tl;dr - If you want to flash a new gapp package, I strongly recommend waiting until you do a full wipe and are installing a ROM fresh. As with anything, do as you please, you might get lucky, but you run an increased chance of issues. Make a backup :)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
It's not recommended regardless of the specific ROM or Gapps package... Since whatever Gapps you used when you originally flashed probably contained different ones than the next package (not just different versions, like how some packages contain gmail or wallet or g+, while others don't), you are potentially adding or removing apps from your /system/apps directory without making the appropriate adjustments to your data. Not to mention the ones in the newer version are going to replace, rather than upgrade, already installed gapps, so data might not be properly handled between them without upgrading properly.

tl;dr - If you want to flash a new gapp package, I strongly recommend waiting until you do a full wipe and are installing a ROM fresh. As with anything, do as you please, you might get lucky, but you run an increased chance of issues. Make a backup :)

Full wipe it is, thanks!

SeigaGen

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Full wipe it is, thanks!

There's a script in this GAPPS that does check to see if the software exists and to uninstall it and install the ones from these packages. I was able to dirty this one over SKANK's no problem. Would I recommend a clean wipe, absolutely.

I would back up, dirty first, see if it is ok, if not, full clean. :).

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
There's a script in this GAPPS that does check to see if the software exists and to uninstall it and install the ones from these packages. I was able to dirty this one over SKANK's no problem. Would I recommend a clean wipe, absolutely.

I would back up, dirty first, see if it is ok, if not, full clean. :).
I saw that running, had me crackn up w/ the small messages during install there, did a back up and then tried (CLEAN install) AOKP w/ these gapps and that was off the hook! Just for hic ups I'm gonna play with a dirty flash with CM and see what jives, nice package put together here, thanks Sega!

EDIT: You might want to update the link.

Updated Keyboard
Updated Services
Added Latest Wallet
Removed Launcher (Not a G App)
Updated Deployment to handle cleaning old Data and Caches better.
Fairy Magic Dust

gb525

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed on liquid smooth rc7 everything is good

jfe58

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I'm running an old Samsung Captivate with 4.1.2 and the 4.2 package works fine. I did notice the clock widget does not include a digital version - only analog. Does anyone else have that?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I thought i would post an update to my post earlier. Today I have had my calendar sync (Same issue i had on original boot, see above) turn on and off after a reboot. Ill check my calendar and see no appointments. Reboot and they come back. I did "dirty flash" this over a working aokp setup. So if the calendar is something you use alot, i would NOT recommend doing this without a clean flash!
I dont see an immediate solution to the problem, so until i find one, im gonna blame it on the dirty flash. Anyone else have this issue?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I plan on doing a clean install today of AOKP build 5 and using the gapps. I will report back with results later today