4.2 AOSP posted

capnfatpants

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Greetings. Hopefully someone smarter than myself already knows this and has started compiling, but I noticed (via engadget) that the AOSP for VZW GNex is up... Use this information wisely and hopefully promptly.

Capn

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
This is from the creator of Bugless Beast Rom
"@peteralfonso: Merging #Android 4.2 is taking FOREVER, so many conflicts to fix :("

Sent from my Island using my Smoke Monster

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
This is from the creator of Bugless Beast Rom
"@peteralfonso: Merging #Android 4.2 is taking FOREVER, so many conflicts to fix :("

Sent from my Island using my Smoke Monster

That's not good news. :/
Might take 4 or 5 days instead of 1 or 2. :)

Posted from my Toro :)p)

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I just cruised through the rootz dev section, and there are a couple of 4.2 roms out. Wasn't that long was it?

They look very stock like and I will pass for now.

EDIT:

It seems that both of the roms are very buggy. These guys feel a need to be the first to get something out it would seem. Not that I blame them, its nice to bask in the glory I guess.
[ROM] Team SyEnce AOSP 4.2 Jelly Bean MR1 - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki
[ROM]Pure Android 4.2 Jelly Bean (AOSP) - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

Posted from my Toro :)p)

Last edited:

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
The 4.2 gapps I have and that are out there is for 4.1.2 Google search only returns the 4.1.2 version. I have that version. It's written to over write 4.1 apps and replace them. I don't want that to happen when I flash 4.2

Anyway I'm wondering if "gapps-jb-20121011-signed" will work fine from goo.im, or if we need another written for 4.2

capnfatpants

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm probably not going to be able to hold out very long, but I think I'm going to hang back and let the 4.2 ROMs/gapps mature a little bit to get stable. I like things working more than I like having it immediately... But I really like having things immediately.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Any of the big name devs (a lot in our case) won't release a shoddy build. A minor bug or two may slip through but nothing major. Besides, that's what your Nandroid is for. Zero setup time so it's painless if you're not happy with what you've flashed.

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Except fo r the one found at Rootsville, that 4.2 rom moves folders around so when you go to recovery to flash back a nandroid.........it's gone. 0.0 WAit till a KNown Dev produces the goods. #STuckOn4.2 :(

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Double post (with reason)! If your interested in jumping into a working and stable 4.2 rom flash this baby AFTER tonights upgrade... it's solid so far.

Mmuzzy 4.2 AOSP RoM--------------------> [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C - New Build! 11/14/12 - xda-developers

11-14-12 Features include:
- Root with SuperSU
- Integrated GAPPs
- Volume Fix (Peter Alfonso)
- Native tethering
- Verizon Sign in apps
- Play app auto restore
- Fixed pull-down carrier text
- GPS Lock Tweak (convolution)
- Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Double post (with reason)! If your interested in jumping into a working and stable 4.2 rom flash this baby AFTER tonights upgrade... it's solid so far.

Mmuzzy 4.2 AOSP RoM--------------------> [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C - New Build! 11/14/12 - xda-developers

11-14-12 Features include:
- Root with SuperSU
- Integrated GAPPs
- Volume Fix (Peter Alfonso)
- Native tethering
- Verizon Sign in apps
- Play app auto restore
- Fixed pull-down carrier text
- GPS Lock Tweak (convolution)
- Emergency Broadcast Settings Menu

Will you link to "tonight's upgrade" when it is released? It would be much appreciated haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Will you link to "tonight's upgrade" when it is released? It would be much appreciated haha

Will do, I'll post a Mmuzzy thread if no one beats me to it. ;)

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Flashed it already and its working great. But have you noticed the lag on locking the screen?

j.glik14

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also the ROM... Or really 4.2 has iPhone compatible group messaging built in. It's really nice

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Flashed it already and its working great. But have you noticed the lag on locking the screen?

Also the ROM... Or really 4.2 has iPhone compatible group messaging built in. It's really nice

Only when I open up the camera from the lock screen, other than that it's been stock smooth as you can get. NExt build about to drop any minute now, looking forward to this.

November 15, 2012
-New Keyboard (hopefully release this time)
-Fixed Lock Screen Calendar Widget
-Currents added, works in Daydream
-DeskClock changed
-Fixed Clock settings in Daydream
NOTE: TWRP update recommended for 4.2 support!

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Will we be able to flash new build right on top.of the old?

That's what I'm doing, not recommended but what the hey, rock on.

capnfatpants

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I went ahead and flashed Jelly Belly v10.0 a couple of days ago. He's had some good builds and I trust that guy, so why not try some 4.2 action? All I can say about 4.2 is that it's....... nice. Lock screen widgets aren't all that enticing to me and the apps that matter (camera and keyboard) have already been ported. The build seemed pretty stable, but I decided to go back to CM10 because I miss actual notification toggles and selective volume controls (as well as a 5x4 home screen... it's the small things that matter). But, man, was it a pain in the ass to recover my recovery from the \0 directory. Transferring the blobs was a little more cumbersome than I think it should have been. I'm still waiting to see what folders I actually need from the \0 before I nuke it.