[ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzyROM for Toro - Jelly Bean 4.2.2 - JDQ39

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] [AOSP] MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2 - JOP40C - New Build!

D'oh!!!! I'm going to get more coffee. Obviously, I really need it

and a GPS fix is just what I need to make Ingress better. Join the Enlightened!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
My bad, just got up here too, on the 2nd cup now...OP updated! (last night a bad build was uploaded,(now fixed!) and all kinds of chaos broke out, Mmuzzy reached out and PM'd every one w/ an apology, nice guy)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

4.2 wallpaper
qatyma8y.jpg

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

looks great. I'll be flashing the new build in 3....2....1......

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus with Android 4.2 using Tapatalk 2

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

I think that the separate settings for volume on the ringtone and notifications are for tablets only. I've never seen this feature built in to android, although I would really love it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site

careful! If you delete the very first pic in filmstrip mode by swiping down you may not be able to tap UNDO before the camera app comes up, Since it is just to the left of the pic you just deleted.

DroidDev

Superstar Status
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site

So, I have 4.1.1. I have TWRP installed. Rooted. Super Wiped.

In Mount menu all four boxes are unchecked (no X in box). I get the Status 7 error. I cant get this thing to flash. Any ideas?

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

So, I have 4.1.1. I have TWRP installed. Rooted. Super Wiped.

In Mount menu all four boxes are unchecked (no X in box). I get the Status 7 error. I cant get this thing to flash. Any ideas?
Try checking Unmount DAta and Unmount cache. Before you do that make sure your on the lastest recovery, v2.3.2.1 it would say that on the VERY TOP. Good Luck.
(another thing to try would be to go to settings and Restore Defaults)

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

So which nightly you on these days? :) How do they compare so far (cm10.1, aokp 4.2, and this one)?
They are all so good, makes it tuff to just pick one, it just seems like AOKP and CM have a few kinks to work out before we see them hit their stride.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site

Try checking Unmount DAta and Unmount cache. Before you do that make sure your on the lastest recovery, v2.3.2.1 it would say that on the VERY TOP. Good Luck.
(another thing to try would be to go to settings and Restore Defaults)

OK I want to be prepared with the newest TWRP but I have never done adb fastboot. I was able you use Goo Manger to install it the 1 st time.
So I downloaded the file to my PC. I tried to follow the instructions on the TWRP site.

"Download the above file. Turn off your device. Turn on the device and keep holding volume up and volume down until a menu shows up. The device will now be in fastboot mode. <- at this point I have the green start showing, if I use the vol button I get different choices- start, recovery, reboot, so I guess its recovery?

once that is chosen I guess I follow these steps?
Plug the device into your computer. If you have the right drivers installed, your screen should now say FASTBOOT USB. <-- PC Screen or phone screen?
Run the following command via the command line: fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
Note that you will need to change the last part to match the name of the file that you just downloaded. You will also need adb and fastboot for your computer."

Thanks can flash roms and gapps, but a little behind when trying to do other computer stuff.

Thanks!
Xanth

JkdJedi

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

OK I want to be prepared with the newest TWRP but I have never done adb fastboot. I was able you use Goo Manger to install it the 1 st time.
So I downloaded the file to my PC. I tried to follow the instructions on the TWRP site.

"Download the above file. Turn off your device. Turn on the device and keep holding volume up and volume down until a menu shows up. The device will now be in fastboot mode. <- at this point I have the green start showing, if I use the vol button I get different choices- start, recovery, reboot, so I guess its recovery?

once that is chosen I guess I follow these steps?
Plug the device into your computer. If you have the right drivers installed, your screen should now say FASTBOOT USB. <-- PC Screen or phone screen?
Run the following command via the command line: fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img
Note that you will need to change the last part to match the name of the file that you just downloaded. You will also need adb and fastboot for your computer."

Thanks can flash roms and gapps, but a little behind when trying to do other computer stuff.

Thanks!
Xanth

Fast boot commands and twrp recovery are two separate animals, they can both have the same end result but they do so in separate paths. The goo manager app should have any ROM u downloaded listed there for easy/automated flashing. The ROM needs to be sitting in the goo manager folder for it to see it out right, if it doesn't you'll need to navigate to where its sitting via the goo manager app and flash from there. Make a Backup! I'll try to find some more useful info and post it under the OP. (One more important note, I've found that TWRP plays better with SuperSu than w/ Superuser, just my personal experience, your mileage may vary) Good Luck!

Last edited:

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Flashed EuroShank's CM10.1 yesterday and quickly came back to MMuzzy's. Right now it's just further along, and auto restore works. Plus I'm getting the best battery life I've seen with this phone and it's super stable. I wouldn't mind a few extra features, but I might end up sticking with this ROM long term.

Anthony Pio

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I flashed the toro_signed_112612_132720.zip yesterday and everything is working beautiful but... Was there any new antenna's put in there? my service seems less stable and def not showing as many bars in most spots... 4g is very spotty where before it was constantly solid 3-4 bars... Thanks again and MMuzzy's aosp's are the best hands down, clean and fresh like a baby's bottom!!!

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the toro_signed_112612_132720.zip yesterday and everything is working beautiful but... Was there any new antenna's put in there? my service seems less stable and def not showing as many bars in most spots... 4g is very spotty where before it was constantly solid 3-4 bars... Thanks again and MMuzzy's aosp's are the best hands down, clean and fresh like a baby's bottom!!!
I saw this in his forum, maybe it will help.
Holy sh...anta's reindeer! That battery and SIM pull made a marked difference in my signal level! Thanks.

Hehehe, too bad you can only hit thanks once eh?

You're certainly welcome !

I think lots of us forget that that procedure will act like updating the PRL (Preferred roaming List), which for newb's is that your phone grabs a new list of the nearest towers in your area, etc. Definately helps to do this hmm ... one in a couple of months regardless, just to be sure it has a latest list, or so I'm told. Before the LTE phones, you would just dial VZ's network, option 2 to update it.

Erckul

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

really no big changes, I think we already have a calendar update in one of the recent builds. I just like showing of my Galaxy Nexus with the most current android os. It always amazes my non tech friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol