Uninstall TWRP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
So I downloaded GooManager and installed TWRP that way. Played around with it, but I just don't think its for me. whats the easiest way to uninstall it? I tried using ES File Explorer and File Manager, but I don't think I'm finding the right file. Help please.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I still have CWM as far as I know. It just seems like TWRP is overriding it?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
You won't find it with root explorer. Recovery has it own partition.
Just fastboot cwm or do the lazy man install with rom manager. You gotta pay for touch cwm if you use rm, if you fastboot it or use twrp to flash its free. There is a thread on xda for both the fastboot and recovery install files.
So in other words to uninstall a recovery you just flash a diff one over it.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I still have CWM as far as I know. It just seems like TWRP is overriding it?

usually when you flash TWRP over CWM, it does that, deletes CWM and installs twrp. you just need to reflash CWM or follow the other advice given above

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed CWM with ROM Manager. All seems to be well now. Thanks for the help.

Tisha Johnson

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering if you was able to remove twrp I'm trying to figure out how to remove the one on my phone. But I'm new to this and I need a complete break down. Someone installed it on my phone thinking it would help me **** it will not let my phone update anything. Please help.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering if you was able to remove twrp I'm trying to figure out how to remove the one on my phone. But I'm new to this and I need a complete break down. Someone installed it on my phone thinking it would help me **** it will not let my phone update anything. Please help.
The easiest way is to get Wugs Root Nexus Toolkit. Then after you install it on your PC click on the Driver Install button and follow the instructions. After the drivers are installed all you have to do is click the Advanced Utilities button and than click the Restore Stock Recovery button.

LabRat

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
You connect your phone to the computer. However Wugs Toolkit doesn't support the S3. I don't know what tools are available for the S3. It would be best to ask your question on an S3 forum. You will need to ask "what is the best way to restore the stock recovery on an S3".

caradineme2

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So what if I have two recoveries installed, how do I get rid of twrp recovery?

Sent from a Galaxy within my palm

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1373328685371.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1373328685371.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 26

caradineme2

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the same situation, but see no one has responded since you posted 7/8/13. I was hoping for a solution.

I was told that those are options to install either of those two that it's not implying that they were both installed. I didn't think that was the case being sometimes twrp sometime boot up when I tried going into recovery instead of cwm recovery. I haven't noticed it happen in a long time tho. Rom manager says the same thing still but no more booting into twrp recovery. I just flashed cwm recovery through Rom manager again and seemed to help

Sent from a Galaxy within my palm

Status
Not open for further replies.