When are you planning on flashing 4.2?

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
How do you know you have 23 GB free if you can't go into storage? My file manager apps don't seem to show available storage.
Did you plug it into your PC to get the available space?

Two ways. I always have about 23 gigs because I store everything that doesn't auto restore from google in the cloud (aka don't bother to delete photos even though they're on drop box) AND I dirty flashed 12/5 and it's fixed :Duploadfromtaptalk1354724740068.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
These nightly builds compiled directly from aokp. You can't get more "official" on an unofficial build lol. Just do it:) They've been as stable as any milestone for the most part. That said, Nakrotap I confirm the storage FC. I had actually been doing "odd" stuff trying to find bugs, but I never go into storage. I have about 23 gigs free. Obviously I use the cloud and stream lol.

Hm. Well, are all the tweaks, mods, and extra features present in the 4.1 milestone running on these nightlies? Lock screen mods, notification LED settings, notification pull down wallpaper, etc?

Also, what's the storage FCing thing about? I haven't been paying attention to this stuff.

And last I heard, weren't there some other "kinks" with flashing 4.2 ROMs? Something about sdcard0, and backups not working right, or something? And is there a proper signed gapps pack for 4.2? I've seen a few different ones, rather than the standard "signed" ones I've been using up to this point.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Hm. Well, are all the tweaks, mods, and extra features present in the 4.1 milestone running on these nightlies? Lock screen mods, notification LED settings, notification pull down wallpaper, etc?

Also, what's the storage FCing thing about? I haven't been paying attention to this stuff.

And last I heard, weren't there some other "kinks" with flashing 4.2 ROMs? Something about sdcard0, and backups not working right, or something? And is there a proper signed gapps pack for 4.2? I've seen a few different ones, rather than the standard "signed" ones I've been using up to this point.

ConTejas seems to be the go-to person on this lately, but here's my take...

Lock screen mods, notification LED settings, notification pull down wallpaper, etc? Yep. All there.

I don't have the sdcard/0 issue. I don't even have this folder on my phone.
**Update - I take that last statement back. Upon further review, there is a folder called /storage under /sdcard and subfolders under /storage for /emulated and /sdcard0.
/sdcard0 seems to have the contents of /sdcard and /emulated has a folder /0 and /legacy. Both of which "seem" to have the contents of /sdcard as well.

Apparently, the FC on the storage summary issue has been fixed in today's build per ConTejas.
I only flashed last night, but I have had no other issues with the ROM.
I used the signed 11/30 gapps package.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Well, of course ALL of the milestone features aren't present in the nightlies, but definitely all of the ones I couldn't live without. Plenty of 4.2.x signed gapps packages around. Storage FC is already fixed. That's the pro and con of running nightlies. A small bug may exist, but it'll be fixed almost right away and you can **usually** dirty flash many nightlies in a row without issues. It's not like they've never released a milestone with an odd bug. Then you'd wait forever for the next milestone to fix it. I just genuinely enjoy flashing and seeing what's new when I have a few minutes to kill. I can totally understand those who like to have custom roms etc but find the flashing process tedious only going from milestone to milestone. Just don't make the mistake of thinking nightly builds equals unstable builds ;) Occasionally yes, but it's rare and usually minor. Goes for kernels too.

Oh, regarding sdcard issues, just make sure you're on the latest version of CWM or TWRP, then make a nandroid, and you're good to go . Highly recommend TWRP.

Last edited:

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Took the plunge and flashed the latest 4.2 nightly from the link you posted earlier (er, changed it to toro, of course, rather than toro plus). Guess I can't say I regret it at all. Kinda disappointed by the lack of lock screen wallpaper changing just yet, but that's no biggie at the moment. Say, how do you change the widgets you can put on the lock screen? I couldn't find anything in the settings, and the lock screen wasn't scrolling left or right for me at all (then I finally got it to scroll to the camera on the right).

Edit: Oh, never mind, I guess I didn't realize you really have to swipe on the edge of the screen to do it. I was trying to swipe more in the middle.

cyberdalek

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I am loving Xylon 4.2.1 right now. Paired with the Zen Kernel, it's top notch. No issues and great battery life.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I tried a couple of 4.2.1 ROMs just to check it out, and there just isn't a killer feature for me. Lock screen widgets seem kind of gimmicky... I guess that'll change as more developers tap into it. Photo Sphere is great, but you can flash the 4.2 camera onto a 4.1 ROM anyway, so that's moot. Actually, I think the coolest new feature of 4.2 is the new multitasking animation. I like how it has a "minimizing" animation on the current app you're in. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia