Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Default When are you planning on flashing 4.2?

I thought I would have flashed 4.2 by now, but it still seems like it is really buggy for the GNex. I am kind of surprised since I flashed Jellybean the day it was released (around 11:00pm)... but then again, they already had Jellybean running on the GSM Galaxy Nexus..

Default Re: When are you planning on flashing 4.2?

I think I am going to wait for the theme engine. 4.1 still runs fine. The frenzy to install something new is strong, its almost human nature. I will resist for a bit longer.
    Some of the new features are nice though.

When do I plan on flashing??? About 4 days ago. lol

Muzzy's has NOT been buggy for me. It's been my DD and it works fine.
    JkdJedi, davey11 and Erckul like this.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

I had a 4.2 Jelly Belly build and gapps downloaded on Friday. I switched to TWRP (but now CWM has been updated) and made a nanny, then I got busy at work so I didn't flash it. Then had a busy weekend and I didn't get around to it. I was hoping to see a few more 4.2 build out today, but I guess that didn't happen. Saw mixed reviews of the rom I have downloaded, so I may give the devs another day or two.
    davey11 likes this.

Probably when BB hits 4.2.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Quote Originally Posted by ottscay View Post
    Probably when BB hits 4.2.
    Probably the same for me as well.. Only thing I didn't like about BB was there were no toggles at the top, now that 4.2 has them in the rom, I'm fine with that.

ROM
    AOKP

When AOKP comes out with one, too lazy to settup my phone all over again.
    nothing nothing nothing

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

so I brokedown and flashed Jakeday's 4.2 Jelly Belly and his 11/17 gapps. It's buttery smooth/fast, but I miss my "rom control", lockscreen targets, and the AOKP/CM style toggles in the notification shade. Something new to play with, though, and I'm sure I'll find more stock features as I use it more. Definitely looking forward to see what the devs come up with for 4.2.
    Thanked by:

Waiting for AOKP. Their current builds are working great for now.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    Euroskank JellyBro/franco

***** in the tank! When fitsnugly has a 4.2 JelloBro, I'm ready. Until then, I'll hang with 4.1.2.
    davey11 and oxymoron like this.

I'm using JellyBelly 4.2 until BB releases. I'm not seeing any bugs, I know people keep reporting problems and there are grandly titled blogs posts about it being the worse Android version since Honeycomb but I'm not seeing any issues at all on either my Gnex or my N7.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
    ConTejas likes this.

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslacker View Post
    I'm using JellyBelly 4.2 until BB releases. I'm not seeing any bugs, I know people keep reporting problems and there are grandly titled blogs posts about it being the worse Android version since Honeycomb but I'm not seeing any issues at all on either my Gnex or my N7.
    People love to complain

So far loving 4.2 on both my Nexus 4 and 7, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    JkdJedi, Erckul and ConTejas like this.

Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jellybean 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomoto View Post
    When do I plan on flashing??? About 4 days ago. lol

Muzzy's has NOT been buggy for me. It's been my DD and it works fine.
    same here. Mmuzzy's build works great on my Verizon Gnex and will continue to be my daily driver

ROM

Same here cero problems so far

Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    People love to complain

So far loving 4.2 on both my Nexus 4 and 7, lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes they do! But it's the Internet, that's what people do! I'm starting a petition!

Don't get me wrong, there are things about 4.2 that I don't really like. The lock screen is weird to me, not a fan of the new keyboard, Daydream gives me nothing. But those aren't problems, that's my opinion on new features. I'm sure many people like those things.

There is the "December" bug and that's an issue but in my day to day use I haven't encountered it. The funny things about problems is when you look for them, you find them.

It's OK though because next week everyone will stop arguing about how horrible 4.2 is and start complaining about the update process. What phones will and won't get 4.2 and how broken Android is because 18 mos old phone don't get bumped up to the latest version that they hated last week. That's how this always rolls, every, single, time.
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
    Erckul likes this.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

Are there many 4.2 roms out there right now? Haven't really seen many on XDA.. Surprised BB is still not out yet..

Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

I've tried muzzys and a few others, but every time I get it loaded and booted, I get a message saying that the android system has stopped, or something like that. The last one I tried, the set up wizard would not run.
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast -Jelly Bean

I have been running ice and fire 4.2 with zero issues .. I highly recommend if you want to give it a try

Quote Originally Posted by gregs1213 View Post
    Are there many 4.2 roms out there right now? Haven't really seen many on XDA.. Surprised BB is still not out yet..
    Jelly Belly is my favorite, it's on XDA.

Yeah, I'm a little bummed that BB hasn't updated yet but Pete's thing is to release it when it's bugless and he's worked hard building a reputation of stability so it's all good.

It'll be here when it's ready.
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

What are the main pluses for running 4.2?
    Is this running smoother/faster than 4.1.2?
    Besides the quick settings menu, what else does 4.2 have to offer?
    Are people seeing better battery life?
    I guess I am looking for a good reason to make the upgrade. It appears that there are a few ROMs that are pretty stable out there right now. I just don't want to have to try and go back to 4.1 after I make the jump.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

^^^Been running 4.2.1 since Friday. 4.2 is old news
    Hard to say for sure, at the very least there's a placebo effect. Not nearly as noticable from ICS to JB, but 4.2.X roms have been extremely stable and buttery for me. Been running euroskank's aokp nightly builds. Few new goodies in each build About to dirty 12/04s build in a min.
    On aosp builds I really wasn't a fan of either the new lockscreen or the new notification and toggle panes. The two finger toggle pane was really just a shortcut to the settings menu. Kind of pointless. The locksreen, you can put a few widgets (gmail, calendar, clock, sms/mms) on screens by swiping left. Swipe right to camera. Ok, I guess, but I missed my lockscreen targets badly. 4.2.x now supports group messaging which is huge for a lot of folks. You tap the build in about phone 7 times to "unlock" dev options. I think it was a cool way to hide it and I understand why they did. Gmail now swipe to archive/delete and pinch zoom. New "magnification gestures." Enable in settings...3 touch zoom, 2 finger pan. There's a softkey under the lock on the lockscreen to swipe up to gNow. Cool enough. About it off the top of my head. Oh, and I actually love the daydream. Didn't even bother with it at first, as I saw a gimmick, but now it's basically a digital photo frame on my desk at work or wherever when charging (that an option). Pulls pictures from my gallery. Has received a good bit of interest from the coworkers.
    Now that the devs have been adding their magic to 4.2.1 it's awesome. Regarding that gNow softkey, which is also the nav ring, I now don't miss my lockscreen options. Have 5 nav targets and long press targets. So now I have the same 10 nav bar / lockscreen targets anywhere and everywhere. Awesome. Now the 2 finger toggle pane works like toggles. Short press on/off, long press shortcut to settings.
    I've had very good battery life, but battery life really boils down to your kernel (settings), and your signal strenth (and if gps, wifi, nfc are on or searching etc).
    Highly recommend *****'s aokp builds, I didn't have any data on his cm10.1 11/30 builds but I'm sure that a non issue by now if you'd rather cm than aokp. Plenty of signed gapps available and easy to find but I've been using an "old" one with wallet included. Link below. I'll throw in some screenshots to have a look too.
    Goo.im Downloads - Browsing toro
    Last edited by ConTejas; 12-04-2012 at 11:32 AM.
    Thanked by:
    davey11 likes this.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

The smaller circle of dots is the nav ring
    When are you planning on flashing 4.2?-uploadfromtaptalk1354641095841.jpg
    When are you planning on flashing 4.2?-uploadfromtaptalk1354641196160.jpg
    When are you planning on flashing 4.2?-uploadfromtaptalk1354641221928.jpg
    When are you planning on flashing 4.2?-uploadfromtaptalk1354641242608.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails When are you planning on flashing 4.2?-toggles.jpg  
    davey11, oxymoron and ohiomoto like this.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ConTejas View Post
    ^^^Been running 4.2.1 since Friday. 4.2 is old news
    Hard to say for sure, at the very least there's a placebo effect. Not nearly as noticable from ICS to JB, but 4.2.X roms have been extremely stable and buttery for me. Been running euroskank's aokp nightly builds. Few new goodies in each build About to dirty 12/04s build in a min.
    On aosp builds I really wasn't a fan of either the new lockscreen or the new notification and toggle panes. The two finger toggle pane was really just a shortcut to the settings menu. Kind of pointless. The locksreen, you can put a few widgets (gmail, calendar, clock, sms/mms) on screens by swiping left. Swipe right to camera. Ok, I guess, but I missed my lockscreen targets badly. 4.2.x now supports group messaging which is huge for a lot of folks. You tap the build in about phone 7 times to "unlock" dev options. I think it was a cool way to hide it and I understand why they did. Gmail now swipe to archive/delete and pinch zoom. New "magnification gestures." Enable in settings...3 touch zoom, 2 finger pan. There's a softkey under the lock on the lockscreen to swipe up to gNow. Cool enough. About it off the top of my head. Oh, and I actually love the daydream. Didn't even bother with it at first, as I saw a gimmick, but now it's basically a digital photo frame on my desk at work or wherever when charging (that an option). Pulls pictures from my gallery. Has received a good bit of interest from the coworkers.
    Now that the devs have been adding their magic to 4.2.1 it's awesome. Regarding that gNow softkey, which is also the nav ring, I now don't miss my lockscreen options. Have 5 nav targets and long press targets. So now I have the same 10 nav bar / lockscreen targets anywhere and everywhere. Awesome. Now the 2 finger toggle pane works like toggles. Short press on/off, long press shortcut to settings.
    I've had very good battery life, but battery life really boils down to your kernel (settings), and your signal strenth (and if gps, wifi, nfc are on or searching etc).
    Highly recommend *****'s aokp builds, I didn't have any data on his cm10.1 11/30 builds but I'm sure that a non issue if you'd rather cm than aokp. Plenty of signed gapps available and easy to find but I've been using an "old" one with wallet included. Link below. I'll throw in some screenshots to have a look too.
    Thanks for your insight. Your 2 posts has given me a better perspective than anything else I've read on these ROMs yet.

I noticed that your nav keys are modded. Is this an add on or does this support the theme engine?

ConTejas likes this.

Global Posts
    199 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 7/19 build

Not sure. Not really that excited about any of the new features. Still running Euro's JellyBro 1013 4.1.2 build, but I might jump when BB comes out or try out an AOKP 4.1.2 soon.
    Nexus running .............
    Coming from a 2 1/2 year old BB Tour

Fitsnugly does kanging at its finest. Lotsa kangs out there but fits does it best.
    When my n4 gets here, ***** aokp will on the phone in the first 15 mins.
    Last edited by davey11; 12-04-2012 at 04:40 PM.
    oxymoron and ConTejas like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast