Photo editor in 4.2

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how I can get the photo editor from 4.1.1? the crop feature in 4.2 is limited, to say the least, I'm using MMuzzy 4.2 ROM

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
You might try manually removing the camera/gallery apks and replacing them with the ones you desire (i.e. pulling them from a 4.1.x build). I can't speak to the success you'll have though, I haven't looked at how the camera/gallery applications behave in 4.2.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
You might try manually removing the camera/gallery apks and replacing them with the ones you desire (i.e. pulling them from a 4.1.x build). I can't speak to the success you'll have though, I haven't looked at how the camera/gallery applications behave in 4.2.

Yea I thought of that but I'm relatively new to flashing roms and zips, so I was hoping someone had done it already...guess it can't hurt to try it...I will just re-flash if it doesn't work...thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea I thought of that but I'm relatively new to flashing roms and zips, so I was hoping someone had done it already...guess it can't hurt to try it...I will just re-flash if it doesn't work...thanks

Before doing that, try sideloading them.

1. Download a 4.1.x-based ROM of your choice.
  2. Extract the .zip using WinZip or similar.
  3. Grab the Camera and Gallery APK files.
  4. Sideload and install alongside the 4.2 versions.

At the very least, you will be able to determine if it will work. I had the 4.1.x and 4.2 Camera and Gallery applications installed on mine at the same time for about a day, and all of them worked perfectly.

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Before doing that, try sideloading them.

1. Download a 4.1.x-based ROM of your choice.
  2. Extract the .zip using WinZip or similar.
  3. Grab the Camera and Gallery APK files.
  4. Sideload and install alongside the 4.2 versions.

At the very least, you will be able to determine if it will work. I had the 4.1.x and 4.2 Camera and Gallery applications installed on mine at the same time for about a day, and all of them worked perfectly.

Thanks...I will try that...