Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pdub73
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

    Default Photo editor in 4.2

    Does anyone know how I can get the photo editor from 4.1.1? the crop feature in 4.2 is limited, to say the least, I'm using MMuzzy 4.2 ROM
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

    Default Re: Photo editor in 4.2

    Anyone? :banghead:
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Photo editor in 4.2

    You might try manually removing the camera/gallery apks and replacing them with the ones you desire (i.e. pulling them from a 4.1.x build). I can't speak to the success you'll have though, I haven't looked at how the camera/gallery applications behave in 4.2.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

    Default Re: Photo editor in 4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenii View Post
    You might try manually removing the camera/gallery apks and replacing them with the ones you desire (i.e. pulling them from a 4.1.x build). I can't speak to the success you'll have though, I haven't looked at how the camera/gallery applications behave in 4.2.
    Yea I thought of that but I'm relatively new to flashing roms and zips, so I was hoping someone had done it already...guess it can't hurt to try it...I will just re-flash if it doesn't work...thanks

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Photo editor in 4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by pdub73 View Post
    Yea I thought of that but I'm relatively new to flashing roms and zips, so I was hoping someone had done it already...guess it can't hurt to try it...I will just re-flash if it doesn't work...thanks

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Before doing that, try sideloading them.

    1. Download a 4.1.x-based ROM of your choice.
    2. Extract the .zip using WinZip or similar.
    3. Grab the Camera and Gallery APK files.
    4. Sideload and install alongside the 4.2 versions.


    At the very least, you will be able to determine if it will work. I had the 4.1.x and 4.2 Camera and Gallery applications installed on mine at the same time for about a day, and all of them worked perfectly.
    Thanked by:
    pdub73 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    pdub73's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts

    Default Re: Photo editor in 4.2

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenii View Post
    Before doing that, try sideloading them.

    1. Download a 4.1.x-based ROM of your choice.
    2. Extract the .zip using WinZip or similar.
    3. Grab the Camera and Gallery APK files.
    4. Sideload and install alongside the 4.2 versions.


    At the very least, you will be able to determine if it will work. I had the 4.1.x and 4.2 Camera and Gallery applications installed on mine at the same time for about a day, and all of them worked perfectly.
    Thanks...I will try that...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. How to assign "Me" photo shown in Messaging
    By ronschaeffer in forum T-Mobile Nexus S
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-09-2012, 11:51 AM
  2. Photo editor app that allows saving high res?
    By kplam in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-31-2011, 11:14 PM
  3. Yahoo mail photos not in gallery
    By rick16 in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-12-2011, 09:03 PM
  4. additional photo folders in the gallery? please help
    By sandslayer in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 11:47 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM

Posting Permissions