Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 10001110101
  • 1 Post By nuchdog
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best 4.2.1 ROM in lieu of Bugless Beast?

Been using Bugless Beast ROMs since he came out with JB builds and I've loved them as they are close to stock, stable and have only minimal changes.

But while we wait for him to update, what would you say is the best / most similar / most stable 4.2.1 ROM out there right now?

I'm looking to try out the new version now while I continue to wait for Pete.
    Last edited by schwars1; 12-04-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Default Re: Best 4.2.1 ROM in lieu of Bugless Beast?

I was in that same boat and I couldnt stand it anymore so I flashed MMuzzy's which so far for me has been pretty good and stable after a couple reboots, battery pulls, and even a sim card pull.

Jelly Belly is the best I've tried so far, at least in my opinion.

I ran MMuzzy early on but it had a few problems that i'm sure are worked out now.

Pete will get BB updated when it's ready. Last I heard there were a ton of errors merging but that was a while back.
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

ROM
    KK+Xposed+GB+Franco=Win

4.2.x AOSP roms were so plain for me I had to go back to 4.1.2 and give the devs a few days to handle business. To each their own lol. Muzzy's is probably the best candidate for you at the moment. Might want to give this rom a try as well.

[ROM][AOSP][4.2.1](11/30/2012) "Shiny", OTA-Like, Stock Android 4.2.1 JOP40D - No bugs! - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

Edit : Ha I see some dude already posted ^^ rom in the BB thread. Sounds like a good fit for you plain Jane BB folks
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for everyone's input. Plain is pretty much what I like, so long as they've got native tethering and an enhanced power menu. Trying out Mmuzzy now, so far so good. Open to any all other suggestions, though!

Yeah I like MMuzzy's a lot. It's so stable and gets really good battery life. The only mods made to the ROM were things to make it function better like GPS and added Quick Settings options. He even offers a zip to back those out of the ROM if you want complete stock and there are other mods you can add if you want to customize it a little more. And if it's kernel options you want, then flash a kernel and use Trickster to tweak it.

Global Posts
    397 Global Posts
    ROM
    There will be many...

I started off on MMuzzy's which was stable but basic with what seemed to be low volume levels through the speaker, then went to AOKP which was good but seemed to have alarm clock issues, then to Euroskank which was good but seemed to have the low speaker volume issue again. Currently in the process of setting up DizzyThermal's AOKP build from 12/05.
    kca2000 likes this.

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts

JBSourcey v4.0 (JellyBean 4.2.1) just came out of beta builds. Been very solid and extremely well featured.
    gb525 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nuchdog View Post
    JBSourcey v4.0 (JellyBean 4.2.1) just came out of beta builds. Been very solid and extremely well featured.
    I just downloaded MMuzzy's and JBsourcey, so i dont know which to use first. Maybe JBSourcey because it looks easier to install with the instructions.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP (M5) Franco (M4)

I finally flashed MMuzzy's... I seriously don't know if it has any features that aren't stock..
    It's been real...

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiego View Post
    I just downloaded MMuzzy's and JBsourcey, so i dont know which to use first. Maybe JBSourcey because it looks easier to install with the instructions.
    Sourcery has more features. Mmuzzy's was good for me, no issues at all... it just didn't have any extra features.

I also downloaded Sourcery, but flashed euroskank's AOKP nightly first and have been flashing the nightlies as the builds become available. Totally happy with his ROMs. Full featured, fast, stable, and buttery smooth.

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

Rasbeanjelly is one of the best AOSP roms out there. I first downloaded this rom on ICS and those who use it absolutely love it.

Download here - euroskank
    More info here - [ROM] rasbeanjelly [Android 4.2.1_R1 JOP40D] [PRODUCT_DEVICE := toro] - xda-developers