Best 4.2.1 ROM in lieu of Bugless Beast?

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Been using Bugless Beast ROMs since he came out with JB builds and I've loved them as they are close to stock, stable and have only minimal changes.

But while we wait for him to update, what would you say is the best / most similar / most stable 4.2.1 ROM out there right now?

I'm looking to try out the new version now while I continue to wait for Pete.

Last edited:

capnjazz22

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I was in that same boat and I couldnt stand it anymore so I flashed MMuzzy's which so far for me has been pretty good and stable after a couple reboots, battery pulls, and even a sim card pull.

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Jelly Belly is the best I've tried so far, at least in my opinion.

I ran MMuzzy early on but it had a few problems that i'm sure are worked out now.

Pete will get BB updated when it's ready. Last I heard there were a ton of errors merging but that was a while back.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

schwars1

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's input. Plain is pretty much what I like, so long as they've got native tethering and an enhanced power menu. Trying out Mmuzzy now, so far so good. Open to any all other suggestions, though!

ohiomoto

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I like MMuzzy's a lot. It's so stable and gets really good battery life. The only mods made to the ROM were things to make it function better like GPS and added Quick Settings options. He even offers a zip to back those out of the ROM if you want complete stock and there are other mods you can add if you want to customize it a little more. And if it's kernel options you want, then flash a kernel and use Trickster to tweak it.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I started off on MMuzzy's which was stable but basic with what seemed to be low volume levels through the speaker, then went to AOKP which was good but seemed to have alarm clock issues, then to Euroskank which was good but seemed to have the low speaker volume issue again. Currently in the process of setting up DizzyThermal's AOKP build from 12/05.

Pasiego

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
JBSourcey v4.0 (JellyBean 4.2.1) just came out of beta builds. Been very solid and extremely well featured.
I just downloaded MMuzzy's and JBsourcey, so i dont know which to use first. Maybe JBSourcey because it looks easier to install with the instructions.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded MMuzzy's and JBsourcey, so i dont know which to use first. Maybe JBSourcey because it looks easier to install with the instructions.

Sourcery has more features. Mmuzzy's was good for me, no issues at all... it just didn't have any extra features.

I also downloaded Sourcery, but flashed euroskank's AOKP nightly first and have been flashing the nightlies as the builds become available. Totally happy with his ROMs. Full featured, fast, stable, and buttery smooth.