Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Question about a factory reset on rooted/ROM'e device.

I've just received my new N4 and I'm going to give my Galaxy Nexus to my son. I want to clean it up for him, but security is not a huge issue. I do want to leave the current ROM and kernel on the phone, as he's played with it and likes it running as it is right now. One thing I could do is just go into a file manager app and delete my personal directories, then sign out of my gmail account. Another option would be to do a hard reset, but I don't know what this might do to my current ROM and kernel, which I NEED to keep intact.

Does anyone know if a hard reset would screw up the ROM/kernel?
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

Default Re: Question about a factory reset on rooted/ROM'e device.

nop[e it will not mess with the ROM or Kernel. Just wipe the data, cache and dalvik cache. Maybe the internal storage, not sure about that one. I do know it will not mess with the rom or kernel

Default Re: Question about a factory reset on rooted/ROM'e device.

Your ROM, kernel, radios, and flashed Google apps should all be just fine. I think that following piizzadude's recommendation would be just what you need.