Lost all Nandroids please help!!

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I have flashed the new xenon rom v3 4.2.1 . When I did all of my backups were gone. There are no files for titanium or My Backup either. I have checked cwdm and all is gone. Even in recovery there is nothing. When I check my storage capacity it is almost full which means they have to be somewhere.
When I had v2 of this rom i noticed my original nandroid wasn't showing but didn't think anything of it because I could still use titanium and my backup.

Help Please!!

**** Update ****
I was finally able to flash another rom which has fixed the problem and I was able to recover all of my files. The Xenon rom seemed to be acting as a shell where everything was there but I couldn't access any of the files.

Last edited:

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
no they were all gone. I just flashed MMuzzy and it corrected everything. I got all of my media and everything back. I have never seen that before. It was like I flashed back to stock. My memory was almost full though like it was hidden. I checked all my files and i couldn't find anything. The only way i was able to flash this other rom was to use rom manager because when I booted into recovery it showed no files.
It's a shame too cause it was a pretty nice rom, but until that glitch gets fixed I wont use it.
I guess it was the rom

Last edited:

capnjb

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
After checking on some other sites, When you upgrade to 4.2.1 it redirects everything to a new file. Mine is just labled "0" others some people have theirs as data/media. I still don't know how to get access to it using rom manager or recovery.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Most likely a partition. Did you search in the sd card? Instead of the phone storage? That's just strange. Not Rom manager root browser you need to download Rom tool box. I urge for you to use the paid version. But trust me it's amazingly powerful and a very active and responsive dev. You just need a good file/root browser. But good luck.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't made a nandroid in almost a year. Wipe and flash a couple times a week. Don't even know why I would try to recover with nandroid. ;)

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't made a nandroid in almost a year. Wipe and flash a couple times a week. Don't even know why I would try to recover with nandroid. ;)

I haven't used a computer for my gnex since I unlocked/rooted ages ago...flash all the time on the go. Have been saved by my nany a few times. Now why people keep more than one good backup...I'll never understand:)

OP....a little late but had you updated to the latest versions of CWM or TWRP (twrp ftw) that were updated for 4.2.x while still on pre 4.2, made a 4.1.x nany, and then flashed to 4.2.x you may have never noticed the new sdcard format. Has nothing to due with Xenon or any rom for that matter.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You see, I don't keep nandroids. Just keep the last ROM I flashed and the ROM I'm about to flash. Something messes up, just flash the last working ROM. Way faster than doing a nandroid and restoring a nandroid.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad