1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lost all Nandroids please help!!

I have flashed the new xenon rom v3 4.2.1 . When I did all of my backups were gone. There are no files for titanium or My Backup either. I have checked cwdm and all is gone. Even in recovery there is nothing. When I check my storage capacity it is almost full which means they have to be somewhere.
    When I had v2 of this rom i noticed my original nandroid wasn't showing but didn't think anything of it because I could still use titanium and my backup.

Help Please!!

**** Update ****
    I was finally able to flash another rom which has fixed the problem and I was able to recover all of my files. The Xenon rom seemed to be acting as a shell where everything was there but I couldn't access any of the files.
    Last edited by capnjb; 12-10-2012 at 08:29 AM.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Default Re: Lost all Nandroids please help!!

You can't find them even with a
    file browser??

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

no they were all gone. I just flashed MMuzzy and it corrected everything. I got all of my media and everything back. I have never seen that before. It was like I flashed back to stock. My memory was almost full though like it was hidden. I checked all my files and i couldn't find anything. The only way i was able to flash this other rom was to use rom manager because when I booted into recovery it showed no files.
    It's a shame too cause it was a pretty nice rom, but until that glitch gets fixed I wont use it.
    I guess it was the rom
    Last edited by capnjb; 12-10-2012 at 08:35 AM.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

After checking on some other sites, When you upgrade to 4.2.1 it redirects everything to a new file. Mine is just labled "0" others some people have theirs as data/media. I still don't know how to get access to it using rom manager or recovery.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Most likely a partition. Did you search in the sd card? Instead of the phone storage? That's just strange. Not Rom manager root browser you need to download Rom tool box. I urge for you to use the paid version. But trust me it's amazingly powerful and a very active and responsive dev. You just need a good file/root browser. But good luck.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Android Central Forums

I haven't made a nandroid in almost a year. Wipe and flash a couple times a week. Don't even know why I would try to recover with nandroid.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by CallerHoller View Post
    I haven't made a nandroid in almost a year. Wipe and flash a couple times a week. Don't even know why I would try to recover with nandroid.
    I haven't used a computer for my gnex since I unlocked/rooted ages ago...flash all the time on the go. Have been saved by my nany a few times. Now why people keep more than one good backup...I'll never understand

OP....a little late but had you updated to the latest versions of CWM or TWRP (twrp ftw) that were updated for 4.2.x while still on pre 4.2, made a 4.1.x nany, and then flashed to 4.2.x you may have never noticed the new sdcard format. Has nothing to due with Xenon or any rom for that matter.

You see, I don't keep nandroids. Just keep the last ROM I flashed and the ROM I'm about to flash. Something messes up, just flash the last working ROM. Way faster than doing a nandroid and restoring a nandroid.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.