Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Do I UnRoot Without Losing My Pictures and Text Messages?

I tried Wugs' toolkit in the past and lost everything without any warning. How do I unroot without losing anything so I can get the Jelly Bean update?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now again

Default Re: How Do I UnRoot Without Losing My Pictures and Text Messages?

Your best bet is to download SMS backup and Restore from the play store to back up your texts. Then copy the text backup file and your pictures to your computer. Then you can restore everything back. I do this all the time just incase I brick my phone. My thoughts are the only safe way to do anything is with a backup
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by nfalbo View Post
    Your best bet is to download SMS backup and Restore from the play store to back up your texts. Then copy the text backup file and your pictures to your computer. Then you can restore everything back. I do this all the time just incase I brick my phone. My thoughts are the only safe way to do anything is with a backup
    Thanks!!!! I checked the playstore and there is more than one app called SMS backup and restore. Who makes the one you recommend?

Also, what about pictures?

Also, can you use SMS backup and restore if you upgrade to a new phone to transfer your text messages from your old phone to the new phone?

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now again

Sorry it took so long to reply, got caught up with the holiday BS. I use SMS Back up and Restore, Playstore Link >>> https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cFJlc3RvcmUiXQ IT is simple and it lets you schedule automatic backups. You can use it to move texts to other Android phones also so it is a great migration tool. As for pictures go there is an auto sync with Google+ that will let you sync your photos there to keep them but I find that plugging in my Nexus to the computer and just copying the DCIM folder over to my computer (DCIM is where the camera images are stored) being the easiest. The Problem is with most photo backup programs they will use data to store the images to the service they are tied to, which if you are on a limited data plan you will blast through your data quickly.

Google+ will let you instantly sync all your photos to a private photo album in your Google+ account that only you can view. This is the easiest way to never loose your photos but again it will use data. I know some people that are using this feature of Google+ so they never loose those photos. All the photos then would be able to be viewed, moved, printed, etc directly from your Google+ account. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. Hope this helps you out a bit more and Happy Holidays.
    Thanked by: