4.2 keyboard on 4.1.2 Roms?

cowbells

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, so after playing around with 4.2 for the past few months I've decided that I really hate it. I was really hoping I would like 4.2.2 (jelly belly 12.0 just dropped) but its just as laggy and slow. I just can't get used to the screen lag and overall slowness of the system. I tried about 10 different ROMs and none of them are anywhere close to as smooth as bugless beast was. And honestly the features in 4.2 aren't even that great although I must admit I do like the keyboard. any way to get that into a 4.1 rom? Is it as simple as just making a backup with Titanium and then installing it that way?

Hope the rest of you are having better luck with 4.2 Roms and kernels than I am.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

wyseguy77

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Not sure about the keyboard, but you shouldn't be having these problems. I would do a full clean install and install the bootloader fresh before you give up. Good luck with your adventure.

cowbells

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the responses guys I am definitely getting frustrated with 4.2. I've done everything mentioned except a fresh boatloader install. I do have a JB boot loader but don't install it fresh every time. Could this be causing the trouble?

I'll try that next, otherwise just use the keyboard posted above. Thanks.

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, so after playing around with 4.2 for the past few months I've decided that I really hate it. I was really hoping I would like 4.2.2 (jelly belly 12.0 just dropped) but its just as laggy and slow. I just can't get used to the screen lag and overall slowness of the system. I tried about 10 different ROMs and none of them are anywhere close to as smooth as bugless beast was. And honestly the features in 4.2 aren't even that great although I must admit I do like the keyboard. any way to get that into a 4.1 rom? Is it as simple as just making a backup with Titanium and then installing it that way? Hope the rest of you are having better luck with 4.2 Roms and kernels than I am.

[ROM][AOSP][4.2.1](1/19/2013) "Shiny", OTA-Like, Stock Android 4.2.1 JOP40D - No bugs! - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

Give this rom a try. I'm currently running it and it is very smooth.