Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cyberdalek
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4.2 keyboard on 4.1.2 Roms?

Hey all, so after playing around with 4.2 for the past few months I've decided that I really hate it. I was really hoping I would like 4.2.2 (jelly belly 12.0 just dropped) but its just as laggy and slow. I just can't get used to the screen lag and overall slowness of the system. I tried about 10 different ROMs and none of them are anywhere close to as smooth as bugless beast was. And honestly the features in 4.2 aren't even that great although I must admit I do like the keyboard. any way to get that into a 4.1 rom? Is it as simple as just making a backup with Titanium and then installing it that way?

Hope the rest of you are having better luck with 4.2 Roms and kernels than I am.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: 4.2 keyboard on 4.1.2 Roms?

Not sure about the keyboard, but you shouldn't be having these problems. I would do a full clean install and install the bootloader fresh before you give up. Good luck with your adventure.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Affinity/Franco

If you haven't tried SwiftKey Flow, I recommend it. I like it better than the 4.2 keyboard. Here's a link to that. Give it a try.

SwiftKey Flow Beta Available for Download
    Theres always something to look at if you open your eyes!
    -The Doctor-
    jmorosky likes this.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/10...ing-right-now/
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the responses guys I am definitely getting frustrated with 4.2. I've done everything mentioned except a fresh boatloader install. I do have a JB boot loader but don't install it fresh every time. Could this be causing the trouble?

I'll try that next, otherwise just use the keyboard posted above. Thanks.

ROM
    Rascream + Trinity kernel

Quote Originally Posted by cowbells View Post
    Hey all, so after playing around with 4.2 for the past few months I've decided that I really hate it. I was really hoping I would like 4.2.2 (jelly belly 12.0 just dropped) but its just as laggy and slow. I just can't get used to the screen lag and overall slowness of the system. I tried about 10 different ROMs and none of them are anywhere close to as smooth as bugless beast was. And honestly the features in 4.2 aren't even that great although I must admit I do like the keyboard. any way to get that into a 4.1 rom? Is it as simple as just making a backup with Titanium and then installing it that way? Hope the rest of you are having better luck with 4.2 Roms and kernels than I am.

[ROM][AOSP][4.2.1](1/19/2013) "Shiny", OTA-Like, Stock Android 4.2.1 JOP40D - No bugs! - [VZW] Galaxy Nexus Development - RootzWiki

Give this rom a try. I'm currently running it and it is very smooth.