Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I update to 4.2?

Hey guys, I've been running bugless beast 4.1 for awhile now, and I want to update to 4.2. My question is should I? I've heard some people are having problems with it. Also, I'm not sure what ROM would be the most stable. Thanks of any help guys.

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default Re: Should I update to 4.2?

The updated notification has to be sent from your device manufacturer.

ROM
    AOSPA 3.99/ Golden Kernel

I've been on the CM10.1 Nightlies since before Christmas and I have had zero problems. Working like a champ.

ROM
    CM10.1 Fitsnugly AOKP

If you jumped on board 4.2 in the first week or two after it was released, you may have run into some issues.
    All of the bugs have since been worked out. If you install a 4.2 ROM now and are still having issues, it's most likely user error.
    Most, if not all ROMs, are stable now and are only differentiated by the features.

I have been running Euroskank's AOKP for quite a while now with no issues. You may have to try out different kernels to find one that you and your phone likes, though.
    Also, don't forget to flash the latest recovery before doing any backups. Just do it.

I've been running Euroskank's AOKP version (which is called AOSKP) for a while now. I prefer AOKP over AOSP, it has more features. Very stable, very fun.

Make sure you have the latest version of TWRP or CWM (which ever one you use) recovery program installed first. The file structure changes to accommodate multiple users and older versions of the recovery programs don't understand this.

I was in the same boat waiting for bugless beast to update. I decided to go with Mmuzzy 4.2 earlier this week. So far I've had no issues. I would recommend Mmuzzy's if you like the vanilla style of bugless beast. It is bery simular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridgerunner20 View Post
    Hey guys, I've been running bugless beast 4.1 for awhile now, and I want to update to 4.2. My question is should I? I've heard some people are having problems with it. Also, I'm not sure what ROM would be the most stable. Thanks of any help guys.
    Mmuzzy's 4.2's are pretty solid. I went to it from BB and use Tiny's kernel...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Thanks guys, I'll give on of those ROMs a try.

Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

I recommend Shiny ota like update 4.2. I have been using for awhile with no problems.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    ROM
    MMuzzy's Jelly Bean - 4.2

Been running Mmuzzy's 4.2 for a week now and really like it, no problems here.