TWRP: dont see my backups when i hit restore button

sm00th

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
I flashed a new rom and for some reason, it moved around sd files. It made a new TWRP folder thats empty and the actualy folder that has my backups was moved.

I moved the backups from folder that was moved to the new folder but TWRP dont see them to restore them. I can find them in the file manager though.

Anything I can do to get TWRP to use my backup files?

BaMaDuDe87

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
In the same boat with backups with CWM. Made a thread about it as well. Maybe one of ours will get a reply, that both can use.

Did you go from 4.1 to 4.2?

NegativeCreep

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I ran across a similar problem in CWM. I gave CM10.1 a try and decided to go back to the nandroid I made of my stock setup. I went to restore it via CWM Recovery and it kept saying that it couldn't find any backups to restore. I rebooted and went into my storage via ES File Explorer only to find that my SD card now has 2 "levels". Go to the top level of your SD card and you should see a folder labeled "0". That's where I found all of my SD card contents in their original folders, including my CWM backup. I then used Rom Manager to flash the stock nandroid, but I still find myself stuck with this weird SD card layout, where there are essentially two separate levels. I'm going to flash a stock image tonight and start from scratch until I can figure out why this all happened.

Techboy10

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
If you updated for a 4.1 to 4.2 ROM and didn't update TWRP then that is probably the problem. I had the same thing happen to me when I updated from 4.1 to 4.2 and had forgotten to update TWRP.

Just download/flash the most recent TWRP and it should work just fine.

noob williams

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Just download/flash the most recent TWRP and it should work just fine.

Ok, I?ve made that exact mistake on my aus transformer tf101 and now im stucked on a version of twrp v.2.2.1.4 that doesn?t see my sdcard. I have done the wipe so there is no OS to boot to. How do I flash the most recent version of twrp from within my pc to tablet??

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci