Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Unhappy TWRP: dont see my backups when i hit restore button

I flashed a new rom and for some reason, it moved around sd files. It made a new TWRP folder thats empty and the actualy folder that has my backups was moved.

I moved the backups from folder that was moved to the new folder but TWRP dont see them to restore them. I can find them in the file manager though.

Anything I can do to get TWRP to use my backup files?

Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB 7/19 build

Default Re: TWRP: dont see my backups when i hit restore button

In the same boat with backups with CWM. Made a thread about it as well. Maybe one of ours will get a reply, that both can use.

Did you go from 4.1 to 4.2?
    Nexus running .............
    Coming from a 2 1/2 year old BB Tour

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM4DXGB, Stock Rooted,

I ran across a similar problem in CWM. I gave CM10.1 a try and decided to go back to the nandroid I made of my stock setup. I went to restore it via CWM Recovery and it kept saying that it couldn't find any backups to restore. I rebooted and went into my storage via ES File Explorer only to find that my SD card now has 2 "levels". Go to the top level of your SD card and you should see a folder labeled "0". That's where I found all of my SD card contents in their original folders, including my CWM backup. I then used Rom Manager to flash the stock nandroid, but I still find myself stuck with this weird SD card layout, where there are essentially two separate levels. I'm going to flash a stock image tonight and start from scratch until I can figure out why this all happened.
    "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." ~ D.N.A.

If you updated for a 4.1 to 4.2 ROM and didn't update TWRP then that is probably the problem. I had the same thing happen to me when I updated from 4.1 to 4.2 and had forgotten to update TWRP.

Just download/flash the most recent TWRP and it should work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Techboy10 View Post
    Just download/flash the most recent TWRP and it should work just fine.
    Ok, Ive made that exact mistake on my aus transformer tf101 and now im stucked on a version of twrp v.2.2.1.4 that doesnt see my sdcard. I have done the wipe so there is no OS to boot to. How do I flash the most recent version of twrp from within my pc to tablet??