[Newbie questions] Radio, CWM backups

doncerda

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
On just recently went on a flashing spree and finally decided top stay with the official AOKP 4.2.1 build... But I'm receiving terrible signal... I don't know why and wanted to know what do i need to do to flash the stock radio :confused:. Also because of all the flashing I've been doping I see a lot of files in my SD card being made called 0... there is like 7 one inside the other.. It's like inception inside my SD card :p... Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

jmorosky

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Read this thread for everyone having radio issues. Me included http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...32422-lower-data-signal-strength-4-2-1-a.html

Also on your Inception Card....not my words:

With Android 4.2, Google introduced multiple users as a new feature. In order to accommodate multiple users, Google is now giving each user a their own folder for storage. If you upgraded to 4.2 from 4.1, then the 4.2 ROM will look for a certain file in /data to determine whether it needs to migrate all of your files to the new multi-user data structure. By default, 4.2 migrates all of /data/media to /data/media/0.

A problem arose though with custom recoveries. A custom recovery retains the /data/media folder during a factory reset. When you factory reset and then boot a 4.2 ROM again, the 4.2 ROM will migrate everything in /data/media again. It will migrate your files every time you factory reset. This multiple migration is what resulted in some people having their files moved to /sdcard/0 or even /sdcard/0/0 etc.
So it has in fact to do with the new Multi-User feature -- one way or the other.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance