best stock android rom

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
ok guys I have had my Gnex for a long time ( got it a month after release day as soon as i could upgrade ) I have been rooted (still stock recovery) this whole time and running over clocked on francos kernel. I tried cm10 last month an was not a huge fan of it. VZW's update lag has gotten to me and instead of leaving vzw ( what I would really like to do) im thinking its time to start getting into the roms. I really like the stock experience so I would like one that is as close to stock if not 100% stock like. I would like it to have the gapps included if possible and decent update support. maybe something from AOSP, Iwould like something 4.2+ ( pisses me off that we dont even have the 4.2 ota and google is releasing 4.2.2 to the gsm gnex and the nexus7-10) :mad:

I am not a total noob with rooting and roms but I am not 100% on everything. so as much direction and help as possible would be much appreciated!

thanks guys!

Foyt20

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Read the stickied topics at the top of Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROM's, and Hack's. It will lead you to the promised land. I like angry unicorns personally.

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I too like the Unicorn, been using them for along time, on left them when JB ports were roloing out and finally when AOKP got a stable JB jumped right back to them. I still use 4.1 JB. As for the Gapps, for the 13 months or so that I have been flashing no custom ROM has had a built in Gapps, its always been a separate file to flash. Once your unlocked and rooted just follow the stickies, the AC community has helped me many a night.
I suggest using TWRP over CWM but its a personal thing you need to see what works best for you.
Happy flashing!

weasle543

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
... As for the Gapps, for the 13 months or so that I have been flashing no custom ROM has had a built in Gapps, its always been a separate file to flash.....I suggest using TWRP over CWM but its a personal thing you need to see what works best for you.
Happy flashing!

Bugless Beast has gapps baked in.

I'll second the suggestion for TWRP.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress