- 1,176 Posts
best stock android rom
ok guys I have had my Gnex for a long time ( got it a month after release day as soon as i could upgrade ) I have been rooted (still stock recovery) this whole time and running over clocked on francos kernel. I tried cm10 last month an was not a huge fan of it. VZW's update lag has gotten to me and instead of leaving vzw ( what I would really like to do) im thinking its time to start getting into the roms. I really like the stock experience so I would like one that is as close to stock if not 100% stock like. I would like it to have the gapps included if possible and decent update support. maybe something from AOSP, Iwould like something 4.2+ ( pisses me off that we dont even have the 4.2 ota and google is releasing 4.2.2 to the gsm gnex and the nexus7-10)
I am not a total noob with rooting and roms but I am not 100% on everything. so as much direction and help as possible would be much appreciated!
thanks guys!Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7
- 02-14-2013, 02:39 PM #2
- 02-15-2013, 07:51 AM #3
Re: best stock android rom
I too like the Unicorn, been using them for along time, on left them when JB ports were roloing out and finally when AOKP got a stable JB jumped right back to them. I still use 4.1 JB. As for the Gapps, for the 13 months or so that I have been flashing no custom ROM has had a built in Gapps, its always been a separate file to flash. Once your unlocked and rooted just follow the stickies, the AC community has helped me many a night.
I suggest using TWRP over CWM but its a personal thing you need to see what works best for you.
- 02-15-2013, 09:25 AM #4
- 02-18-2013, 12:53 AM #5
- By zacky59 in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2011, 01:27 AM
- By bovineyard in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 6Last Post: 07-23-2011, 06:27 PM
- By Network24 in forum T-Mobile Vibrant Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-12-2011, 08:18 PM
- By GrimSniper in forum Thunderbolt Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 5Last Post: 04-11-2011, 07:49 AM
- By Phil Nickinson in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 128Last Post: 12-17-2010, 10:07 AM