Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default gnex getting super slow!

I have had my gnex since day one of its launch, liked the phone but like all others, it has its problems. Now it seams like its SUPER SLOW. i'm rooted and running the latest aokp with a lean kernal. any tips you guys can lend to help me out would be very much appreciated.

ROM
    JBSourcery 2.4/ Franco 6

Default Re: gnex getting super slow!

Quote Originally Posted by sandrat45 View Post
    I have had my gnex since day one of its launch, liked the phone but like all others, it has its problems. Now it seams like its SUPER SLOW. i'm rooted and running the latest aokp with a lean kernal. any tips you guys can lend to help me out would be very much appreciated.
    4.3 roms include something called TRIM that should help. Also an app in playstore that will enable you to Trim. It reminds me of defragging a disk drive in the effect it has. Worked fine on my Nexus 7.
    Edit: I think the app is fstrim.

Global Posts
    22,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by sandrat45 View Post
    Try clearing cache in recovery.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i have cleared cache. I have wiped everything and tryed different roms and they always run slowly after 1 or 2 weeks. I have even tryed not using apps thinking i had a bad one and just never installed them and the same thing keeps happening.
    It's been real...

Is your sdcard partition almost full? I have to periodically transfer all of my photo/video files to my PC to keep my gnex snappy.

Actually, every couple of months I relock, then unlock the bootloader to get rid of that "not so fresh feeling".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Global Posts
    143 Global Posts

Get the LagFix (fstrim) app as mentioned earlier in the thread. It makes a huge difference.