- 1 Posts
Using verizon galaxy nexus on straight talk
Is there any way to use my nexus on straight talk. Straight talk says it is incompatible but there surely must be a way to do so. It is a model sch1515. It has what appears to be a sim card above the battery. I am confused by all the videos and statements on the subject that I have come across. I see where it can be flashed for $50 but does this work? Also what is rooting? I am new to this and would appreciate any help given. Thanks
- 09-22-2013, 10:15 PM #2
- 22 Posts
Re: Using verizon galaxy nexus on straight talk
Basically, no. Straight talk sims are through att which use completely different radios to operate on completely different frequency ranges than Verizon. If you're stuck needing Verizon's coverage (like myself) and want to use straight talk you'll need to get a 3g phone and use ST's byop plan. Also, I've heard of folks going prepaid on Verizon with the galaxy nexus...
Posted via Android Central App
- 09-22-2013, 10:26 PM #3
- 300 Posts
Re: Using verizon galaxy nexus on straight talkMotorola Razr V3-->Blackberry Pearl 8130-->Blackberry Tour 9630-->Droid Pro-->Droid X-->Rooted Droid 4-->Galaxy S3-->GSM Galaxy Nexus (Stock 4.3)-->Nexus 4 16GB (Stock 4.3)-->XFon/Nexus 5???
Toshiba Satellite Win Vista-->HP Touchpad w/ CM 9 Alpha 1-->Motorola Xoom Wifi-->Toshiba Satellite Win7-->Acer Ubuntu/Chromebook-->Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1-->Toshiba Satellite Win8-->Ubuntu 13.10/Nexus 7 16GB (2013)-->???
- By dar bar in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 4Last Post: 11-12-2013, 12:00 AM
- By Xtrme_XJ in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Rooting, ROMs & HacksReplies: 3Last Post: 09-25-2013, 09:34 PM
- By Harlemknight in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 31Last Post: 09-24-2013, 08:19 AM
- By jdmorbey in forum HTC One MiniReplies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2013, 04:22 PM
- By jus2sho in forum LG G2Replies: 0Last Post: 09-22-2013, 04:13 PM