KitKat for GNex!

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is that no GNex would receive official 4.4. Did I misunderstand or did something change?

Westifire

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Was running FML for a bit. Haven't run into anything that breaks it for me except the camera not working. Switching over to ShinyROM. It says everything works so, we'll see...

scarryman04

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Correct, our GNex will not receive the official 4.4 because TI dropped out of the mobile game so we wouldn't get updated drivers, but some were found hidden in our system I believe so the ROM devs will be able to put these to use!

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Running ShinyROM for a few hours. Slowing putting apps back on it. If the GPU bug and lockups get solved Galaxy Nexus with KitKat is going to be epic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I loaded CMetal's 4.4 ROM the other day along with Golden kernel. On the surface it seemed to work well, but 4.4 has MS Exchange issues that need to be addressed. I was not able to properly sync my calendar on this ROM and did some reading on the issue. The fix needs to come from Google. I went back to 4.3 and all is well again.

JH

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been on Shiny 4.4(112713) about 24hrs now and it is smooth as silk so far...seriously new life for the device. Hangouts as the default (and only installed) SMS choice sucks (but I'm wifi-only on the device, so whatever). 10k even on Antutu.

I used CM recovery (6043), wiped both caches and data/reset, flashed latest radios (FK01/02), Shiny, SU (1.8), pa-gapps (4.4, and in that order), reboot...and solid so far. That easy. Recommended!

(Can't speak to Exchange issues, as I'm a TD user...also highly recommended!)

Last edited:

dookie.

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and since I'm now geeking out with this device...is there an overclock kernel compatible w/4.4?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk