How to relock the boot loader and unroot the galaxy nexus.

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a question. What is the simplest way to relock the boot loader, and unroot the galaxy nexus? The reason why I'm asking is because, recently I gave one of my friends my old galaxy nexus, and she wants to send it in for a warranty exchange. I've never done this before, and I would love some help on doing this. Please give simple step by step instructions. Thanks a lot for any help!

wildman9904

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Does she have access to a box with fastboot? If not, you can unroot and lock, but you won't be able to go back to stock recovery, unless you can find a flashable zip

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "Does she have access to a box with fastboot"? If you mean a computer, then I will be using mine. The phone is currently running a custom ROM of android 4.3. So, I will need to flash a stock recovery. I just don't know how to do all of that.

Ridgerunner20

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Edit, I see it at the top of the thread.

At the moment, I rebuilt my computer recently so I don't have it installed. Where can I find it to re-install it?

Xanth269

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Edit, I see it at the top of the thread.

At the moment, I rebuilt my computer recently so I don't have it installed. Where can I find it to re-install it?

WUGS-
Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.0 | WugFresh up to version 1.8.0 works like a charm once you get the drivers set up properly. just be patience with setting uo the drivers I think its the most difficult part.

Keep us in the loop if it works for you.