Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,038 Global Posts

Default Nexus ______. October.

That is all.

ROM
    Rooted

Default Re: Nexus ______. October.

Sounds interesting... Lol no more information...?

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Looks like I'll be switching to Sprint sooner then I thought. Yes I know current rumors claim that all the major carriers will carry the next Nexus phone, but frankly I'll believe it when I see it.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't know...October is a weird month to announce a phone like that.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Devices Past to Present
    • Blackberry Bold 9000
    • HTC Aria
    • Samsung Captivate
    • Google Nexus S
    • Moto Xoom

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

I would have thought November or December. October works for me though. I'll be happy if its on Verizon, though I'm skeptical of that happening.

Sent from my ThunderBolt
    So many phones, so little time.

ROM
    NexsMod 5.0.4

Before Thanksgiving apparently. Well thats what I heard.

ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    That is all.
    Nothing about carrier, Phil?

This pains me to hear. Now I'll have to decide on the GS2 or wait and hope this actually comes out in October

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

whatever the heck it's called, I'm getting it. Better October than November or December, IMO.
    If I've made a difference, please make sure to thank me.

Release in October, or announcement in October?

Changes things quite a bit...

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

Quote Originally Posted by fireshot91 View Post
    Release in October, or announcement in October?

Changes things quite a bit...
    probably both. Remember, the Nexus S was announced in December, and came out about a week later. Hopefully Google will do this again, unlike some phones announced at CES and are still not out (cough cough Bionic cough)
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Any idea as to the appearance/manufacturer?
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Any idea as to the appearance/manufacturer?
    You can refer to the thread titled nexus prime under this thread. From what they are saying it will be made by Samsung. But honestly, i dont think that is 100% credible, so you never know. I hope it's Sammy. I'm a sucker for their screens

Global Posts
    808 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by unvme9180 View Post
    You can refer to the thread titled nexus prime under this thread. From what they are saying it will be made by Samsung. But honestly, i dont think that is 100% credible, so you never know. I hope it's Sammy. I'm a sucker for their screens
    Or it could be like BGR reported, that a few Tier 1 OEMs will get their own, but it is possible that Samsung will get the Nexus name. I mean, that's what Google did with Honeycomb. I'm under the impression now that that's one way Google will help slow fragmentation, by working with OEMs during the process of a new Android version.
    So many phones, so little time.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Carriers? whats the chance vzw will actually get this?

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ibejack96 View Post
    probably both. Remember, the Nexus S was announced in December, and came out about a week later. Hopefully Google will do this again, unlike some phones announced at CES and are still not out (cough cough Bionic cough)
    But if it's on Sprint...they'll announce it Oct and probably release it 2-3 months afterwards.

Google must get as much market share as it can in the Sprint realm before iOS makes its way there...
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,358 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtexans View Post
    But if it's on Sprint...they'll announce it Oct and probably release it 2-3 months afterwards.

Google must get as much market share as it can in the Sprint realm before iOS makes its way there...
    With that logic you would think they would try and get on verizon to get some market share away from IOS and not to mention with verizon having so many customers and many who want and would recommend a nexus to their friends and family.

Global Posts
    2,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 Nightly 148

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    With that logic you would think they would try and get on verizon to get some market share away from IOS and not to mention with verizon having so many customers and many who want and would recommend a nexus to their friends and family.
    Exactly. I would think that Google would be trying as hard as they could to get Verizon to pick up the next Nexus phone to combat the Verizon iPhone. Maybe Verizon doesn't think that a pure Android phone with no custom manufacturer UI won't sell? I think it would, there seems to be a large group of Verizon customers on this forum who want the Nexus Three/Prime (though we might not be reflective of the population at large), but because 99.9% of all Android phones have custom UI's I don't think we really don't know how the non phone nerd public would really respond to vanilla Android. The best was to find out would be for all four major carriers to pick up the next Nexus phones and see how they sell.
    Rooted Droid Incredible
    +CM7
    +MIUI Camrea
    +ADW Launcher EX
    +Launcher2
    +Vignette
    +Synergy Theme
    +Blue Gingerbread ADW Theme
    +Nexus One Boot Animation
    +Widgets. Lots of widgets.
    =Pure awesome.

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

I dont think they worried to much about Verizon. the Iphone didnt sell as fast or much as they hoped. With Sprint it seems like Google is seeing how they are moving with the 4G advancement and a Wimax/LTE phone would be far more superior then a Iphone ... I do hope it comes out for all carriers at the same time so we can go out and get it.But Google also needs to be careful . If they go ahead and make a phone that everyone will want. How would this benifit the phone makers? It will turn out to be just like Apple. ... I hope it s a Great phone and comes to Sprint first. all IMO

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

IMO, I would say that the order of carriers who will get this phone (from most definite to least definite) is:
    1. Sprint (look at their relationship with Google)
    2. T-Mobile (the last two Nexuses have been on this network)
    3. AT&T (Nexus One was officially released for bands on this carrier, but the Nexus S had to be imported with their 3G bands)
    4. Verizon (for all the reasons mentioned by everybody else, although I would agree that Google is probably riding them hard, and that there is a good chance of this Nexus Prime getting on Verizon (hopefully with LTE!))

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jtexans View Post

Im crazy and im going to say this....Google and Sprint will partner or even merge. Thats right...i know im crazy but whats the next big thing Google can do...own a carrier or partner with one. So far sprint is the perfect network for them....good- average cell service and data. Sprint needs the money and has the towers. Verizon is too controlling..ATT and T-Mobile are horrible.
    headbuzz and LegendarySoul like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven2k View Post
    Im crazy and im going to say this....Google and Sprint will partner or even merge. Thats right...i know im crazy but whats the next big thing Google can do...own a carrier or partner with one. So far sprint is the perfect network for them....good- average cell service and data. Sprint needs the money and has the towers. Verizon is too controlling..ATT and T-Mobile are horrible.
    Well they have partnered in the sense of the Sprint/GV integration. I think it is smart of them to cozy up to Google. I hope something happens in the long run to keep Sprint going. I'd be very disappointed if the only national carrier choices in the US become only red or blue.

Global Posts
    383 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Well they have partnered in the sense of the Sprint/GV integration. I think it is smart of them to cozy up to Google. I hope something happens in the long run to keep Sprint going. I'd be very disappointed if the only national carrier choices in the US become only red or blue.
    Yeah thats what im thinking...its a win win you can say. Maybe this why Sprint doesnt want att and tmobile to get eaten up by ATT. I would not be surprised if the next Nexus is on Sprint first then att.

Then next Nexus hopefully sports an OMAP processor. We know its going to be dual core but which is the question.

If it's going to be on Sprint first then it won't be in October. Just 5 months after Sprint launched the Nexus S. Why destroy sales like that? and cause a riot among early adopter forum posters as you'll find right here

ROM
    Just Rooted, stock Rom

I dont think Sprint will sell but I do believe they would partner up with Google. This would be a great move for Sprint and a good one for Google. Nobody wants Att and Tmo to merge just because Att will be to big.

I am do for a upgrade in August and seeing the Evo 3D im leaning to the GSII. I got my wife a EVO4g at RS and sense is very cool but I just like Sammy. Also want to check out the Photn4G , but if this comes to Sprint or said to be coming then I might just wait.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast