Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Default will this be the vzw gs2?

Last edited by shipwrestler125; 07-16-2011 at 06:59 PM.
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,118 Global Posts

Default Re: will this be the vzw gs2?

i truly hope not...

i cant stand full keyboards anymore. if this is the final design for the GS2, Bionic here i come
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

I think depending on specs if it is the only gs2 they get there will be alot of angry people who wanted a version closer to the international gs2.

ROM
    Depends on my mood ^^

I HOPE so. I really missed the Epic on Sprint and have even thought of going back to them for that phone. I'd also like to leave to save some money since I lost my employee discount through Verizon and just not happy with their anti-consumer practices since this year, very limited and expensive tiered plans, killing NE2 program, reducing return period for phones, no more free overnight shipping for warranty replacement phones, etc.

I'll be happy enough if its single-core, but if dual-core, all the better! I'm already stoked that if most likely will have LTE!

I think its a shame that the majority of the market dislikes physical keyboards and wants anorexic phones. At least give us two versions, with and without a keyboard.

LONG LIVE SLIDER PHONES! : )

Hey if it comes with a 4.3" screen I consider it do able
    AKA TrendyProfessional1
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soba1 View Post
    Hey if it comes with a 4.3" screen I consider it do able
    Probably will be 4 inch like the epic.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
    I HOPE so. I really missed the Epic on Sprint and have even thought of going back to them for that phone. I'd also like to leave to save some money since I lost my employee discount through Verizon and just not happy with their anti-consumer practices since this year, very limited and expensive tiered plans, killing NE2 program, reducing return period for phones, no more free overnight shipping for warranty replacement phones, etc.

I'll be happy enough if its single-core, but if dual-core, all the better! I'm already stoked that if most likely will have LTE!

I think its a shame that the majority of the market dislikes physical keyboards and wants anorexic phones. At least give us two versions, with and without a keyboard.

LONG LIVE SLIDER PHONES! : )
    How did you lose your discount? I would look at it hopefully the slide is a little better than the original eepic. If its dual core it will be a huge seller.

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    Probably will be 4 inch like the epic.
    Wow may just stay with the DC. N just be satisfied with the 10.1" tab.
    AKA TrendyProfessional1

ROM
    Depends on my mood ^^

Quote Originally Posted by shipwrestler125 View Post
    How did you lose your discount? I would look at it hopefully the slide is a little better than the original eepic. If its dual core it will be a huge seller.
    I was working at VZW up until last month in technical support at a call center. I was getting 50% off my calling plan. I lost it due to unfortunately being fired, for leaking information about the Droid 3 and new tiered data plans to blogs such as this. I regret my actions.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nerdydesi View Post
    I was working at VZW up until last month in technical support at a call center. I was getting 50% off my calling plan. I lost it due to unfortunately being fired, for leaking information about the Droid 3 and new tiered data plans to blogs such as this. I regret my actions.
    Yeah that sucks I feel bad for you then again I would rather have a job than leak some info. Guess you will learn for next time lol.

Slider??? IDK about that. Interesting though.

If the rumors of a Galaxy SII slider with 4G are true, this is will be my phone over the Droid 3. It would presumably fix everything wrong with the D3: Screen, RAM, 4G, bootloader.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,164 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName Android 1.5.5

as long as its a tight slider like the droid line, i would be down. if the slider is similar to the epic, i would probably pass. also would be concerned about the thickness of the phone. i would be surprised though if the GS2 was really a slider, lest they take sales away from the droid line
    Last edited by terpitude71; 07-17-2011 at 12:50 AM.

I highly doubt this will be VZW's SGS2. My guess is it will be something along the lines of an "Epic 2", much like the one Sprint is rumored to be releasing along side their SGS2 variation (Within). VZW's goal is probably to get the slider fans a LTE phone on the network. Makes me wonder if VZW's SGS2 will have LTE though ... that may be saved for the Bionic as their flagship all touch LTE device for the next year.

Geeez, i hope not, a slider, yuck. Guess ill be hanging onto my fascinate and my upgrade a bit longer.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by butler360 View Post
    If the rumors of a Galaxy SII slider with 4G are true, this is will be my phone over the Droid 3. It would presumably fix everything wrong with the D3: Screen, RAM, 4G, bootloader.
    Lets hope they don't go cheap on ram like every other samsung on verizon.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by terpitude71 View Post
    as long as its a tight slider like the droid line, i would be down. if the slider is similar to the epic, i would probably pass. also would be concerned about the thickness of the phone. i would be surprised though if the GS2 was really a slider, lest they take sales away from the droid line
    The Droid bionic is non slider how the gs2 is so what you are saying about taking sales from droid line is wrong. If that was the case they would and probably will go cheap on the gs2 like they did with the fascinate to try and get more sales for the bionic.

No...nooo...noooooooo! I will be a sad man if the GS2 ends up being a slider.
    resistance354 likes this.

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

I very much doubt this is the S2. This has some major differences, besides the keyboard, that would turn off most people anticipating the S2. Verizon can be very dumb, but I doubt they are going to make that particular mistake. I believe Verizon will get an actual version of the S2. That is the good news.

The bad news is I'm wondering if the guy CK spoke to, the one that was saying it might come with LTE, was talking about this device instead? Could be possible since this is a Samsung device. LTE has been a major discussion point here since that feature is considered the deal breaker for most. Guess we will just have to keep waiting.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SlowieFSU View Post
    I very much doubt this is the S2. This has some major differences, besides the keyboard, that would turn off most people anticipating the S2. Verizon can be very dumb, but I doubt they are going to make that particular mistake. I believe Verizon will get an actual version of the S2. That is the good news.

The bad news is I'm wondering if the guy CK spoke to, the one that was saying it might come with LTE, was talking about this device instead? Could be possible since this is a Samsung device. LTE has been a major discussion point here since that feature is considered the deal breaker for most. Guess we will just have to keep waiting.
    True if it is released Sept or later and doesn't have lte I think it will be a fail in wake of the new nexus which rumors are slating for an Oct release.

Samsung intercept 4g ......thats what I am guessing the pic in the op is.

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

What makes you guys think Verizon will release the Nexus Prime? They won't. They didn't get the first two Nexus phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,672 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

Quote Originally Posted by SlowieFSU View Post

Negative. A slider was not mentioned and that info would have been given. I wont say its not possible but I HIGHLY doubt it

With this device on the horizon I think we will be hearing some info on S2 pretty soon.

Sent from my Droid

I really hope that Verizon's slider along with the regular Galaxy S2 launch side by side.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,359 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bearly View Post
    What makes you guys think Verizon will release the Nexus Prime? They won't. They didn't get the first two Nexus phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Insiders that's why people think it. They didn't get the first 3 iPhones either so why did they get the iphone 4? Its called demand they see how well the nexus line is selling.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast