Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 213
Like Tree22Likes
  1. #151  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Yeah I see what you mean. I guess we'll see, right? My phone is just about on its last leg so just some good news would at least put my mind at ease.

    I'm not religious but I'm a believer here. If Sprint can have WiMax, we can have LTE. Granted its somewhat more matured technology-wise, but everyone has to start somewhere. So why not start with what is arguably the best phone on the market and make it better?
  2. #152  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    While perusing the FCC site I found this Sammy phone that received FCC approval today

    apparently rumors say that it is going to be a 3D version of the SGSII.. that seems like it would be a bit early for FCC approval of such a device. I really hope its not the Verizon version considering it doesn't have a 4G radio...
    I did a Google search and came up on many Japanese pages. Most of them did have EDGE/GPRS(850/1900MHz) so if this phone is in this frequency, it would be att wouldn't it?
  3. #153  
    Bearly's Avatar

    Posts
    241 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

    Default

    Sanjay? He's with Motorola, so why would he know about the SGS2?

    I still think the at&t version will have HSPA+ but not LTE initially. Because keep in mind how marketing has perverted the terms 4G and LTE.

    I think Verizon will get an LTE version AFTER the 3G version has been released. Like the Nexus S 4G.

    Why? Because we haven't seen a solid low power LTE chip yet that isn't huge. So why would it debut in a phone that was developed over a year ago ?

    Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
  4. #154  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    I did a Google search and came up on many Japanese pages. Most of them did have EDGE/GPRS(850/1900MHz) so if this phone is in this frequency, it would be att wouldn't it?
    well the GPRS (850/1900 MHz) range is a GSM band. So that means that it could either be At&t or T-moble. That does help remove any possibilities of it being the Verizon version, which is nice.
  5. #155  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    well the GPRS (850/1900 MHz) range is a GSM band. So that means that it could either be At&t or T-moble. That does help remove any possibilities of it being the Verizon version, which is nice.
    Well, LOL that was the only thing in english. It might not be the band, but it came up on many of the search results. I shouldn't have really even said anything because it could be taken as gospel.
  6. #156  
    thekylebrody's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Currently Stock w/ Root

    Default

    I pray to the Android Manufacturing Smartphone Gods that there is a White Galaxy S2 / Function with LTE!!!

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
  7. #157  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    Well, LOL that was the only thing in english. It might not be the band, but it came up on many of the search results. I shouldn't have really even said anything because it could be taken as gospel.
    Quick check of FCC and SG2 for verizon hasn't cleared the fcc officially yet(with or without LTE). In fact the only Samsung with LTE since the charge has been the Samsung Tablet. I bet we don't see Verizon version pass until mid August and released couple weeks after the iphone around the end of Sept.

    Moto pushed pack Bionic due to strong droid 3 sales. I expect early Sept for bionic, mid sept iphone, late sept for SG2.

    ATT and Sprint will release SG2 end of August.

    Release rarely have anything to due with anything other than marketing.
  8. #158  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    While perusing the FCC site I found this Sammy phone that received FCC approval today

    apparently rumors say that it is going to be a 3D version of the SGSII.. that seems like it would be a bit early for FCC approval of such a device. I really hope its not the Verizon version considering it doesn't have a 4G radio...
    If you look at the first page of this link, it verifies it is either at&t or Tmobile due to 850/1900 GSM/GPRS/EDGE/WCDMA/HSPA (If link doesnt work, go to post 144 and follow girrafe's link then click on RF exposure info 1)
    https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApp...tml?id=1511867
  9. #159  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    I really hope that the SGSII is not put off until late September. They did say that they would release in August, and this doesn't technically break that promise because they will release some of them in August. I still feel like it would be a very poor decision on their part. People are already jumping ship on the Droid Bionic because of a rumored early September release date. A late September release date puts it way to close to things like the rumored Nexus Prime. All that does is encourage people to wait a couple more months for the prime.
  10. #160  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Well BGR just reported that the slider version of the phone is not actually the SGSII on AT&T, but is actually a completely different phone

    Interesting...
  11. #161  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    I really hope that the SGSII is not put off until late September. They did say that they would release in August, and this doesn't technically break that promise because they will release some of them in August. I still feel like it would be a very poor decision on their part. People are already jumping ship on the Droid Bionic because of a rumored early September release date. A late September release date puts it way to close to things like the rumored Nexus Prime. All that does is encourage people to wait a couple more months for the prime.
    It seems everything is always a few months after hopeful rumors. I doubt we see ICS and Prime this year. I'm thinking Feb.
  12. #162  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by rupst2 View Post
    It seems everything is always a few months after hopeful rumors. I doubt we see ICS and Prime this year. I'm thinking Feb.
    Thats very true, but that doesn't stop people from waiting because of those rumors. People have been waiting for months based on the SGSII and Bionic rumors. I definitely agree with you because i don't see any way for the prime to be 100% ready to go in just 4 months, but the rumors will still pull people away from the SGSII if it releases that late.
  13. #163  
    BigDFSU's Avatar

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    That is the frustrating part for me. Like most, if the Prime is going to come out in October then I will pass on the S2. However a lot of people seem to be in my situation, where we are using crappy phones that we desperately want to upgrade. I will wait for the Prime if it is going to come in October or November, it just doesn't make sense to buy a S2 and then sell it so soon afterwards to get a Prime. Waste of money that I can use on the multitude of video games coming out this Fall. However, if this thing is not going to end up not being released until next year then I would gladly buy an S2 and then get the Prime later.
  14. #164  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Yeah I am in the same boat as you. I am using a samsung alias 2 and I desperately need to upgrade. I have been saving my upgrade credit since last december and I don't want to wait endlessly for the Prime to come out. I feel like having it out in october would basically be impossible. We have no clue how far they are in the process and that seems way too early IMHO. At this point in time I am just hoping the SGSII comes out soonish and has LTE because there is nothing left for me to do.
  15. #165  

    Arrow Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by MasterGiraffe View Post
    Thats very true, but that doesn't stop people from waiting because of those rumors. People have been waiting for months based on the SGSII and Bionic rumors. I definitely agree with you because i don't see any way for the prime to be 100% ready to go in just 4 months, but the rumors will still pull people away from the SGSII if it releases that late.
    People aren't waiting because of the rumors.... They're waiting because every other LTE phone available is a piece of ****. The Bionic was supposed to be the first dual-core LTE phone. The Galaxy S2 will hopefully have an LTE radio and the better screen. The Nexus Prime will be the ultimate device.

    In my opinion, Motorola failed miserably by not launching the Bionic by now. If this phone miraculously comes out on Aug. 4th, I will probably buy it. But the latest delay simply puts it too close to the others. Therefore, no reason to rush my decision any longer.
    masaokun likes this.
  16. #166  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    If the Function comes with LTE, hopefully they beef it up with a 1800mah battery. I wouldn't mind the extra weight since some people complain its too light anyways.
  17. #167  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Btw, dont you hate it when reviewers complain that the sgs2 doesnt feel like a premium phone because it doesnt have heft like the ip4? since when was portability taken as a con...?
  18. #168  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by Issemann View Post
    People aren't waiting because of the rumors.... They're waiting because every other LTE phone available is a piece of ****. The Bionic was supposed to be the first dual-core LTE phone. The Galaxy S2 will hopefully have an LTE radio and the better screen. The Nexus Prime will be the ultimate device.

    In my opinion, Motorola failed miserably by not launching the Bionic by now. If this phone miraculously comes out on Aug. 4th, I will probably buy it. But the latest delay simply puts it too close to the others. Therefore, no reason to rush my decision any longer.
    I would have to disagree with you on that. The rumors are what puts the prime with a 720p screen, 1.5 GHz processor, SAMOLED+ display and a gig+ of ram. The rumors are what puts the phone at a October or November release. Proximity to release is what makes people way more inclined to wait. If the rumored release date was in February you would see a lot less people cropping up pledging to get the prime.

    Since the only thing we know about the prime right now are rumors and based of that information people are already saying they will bypass the Bionic and SGSII to wait for it, I would say that qualifies them as waiting because of rumors.
  19. #169  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    and in all seriousness, if its rumored to come out in oct/nov, it will most likely come out in february. it think/hope most people realize that
  20. #170  
    Serial Fordicator's Avatar

    Posts
    477 Posts
    Carrier
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by mastergiraffe View Post
    i would have to disagree with you on that. The rumors are what puts the prime with a 720p screen, 1.5 ghz processor, samoled+ display and a gig+ of ram. The rumors are what puts the phone at a october or november release. Proximity to release is what makes people way more inclined to wait. If the rumored release date was in february you would see a lot less people cropping up pledging to get the prime.

    Since the only thing we know about the prime right now are rumors and based of that information people are already saying they will bypass the bionic and sgsii to wait for it, i would say that qualifies them as waiting because of rumors.
    Quote Originally Posted by issemann View Post
    people aren't waiting because of the rumors.... They're waiting because every other lte phone available is a piece of ****. The bionic was supposed to be the first dual-core lte phone. The galaxy s2 will hopefully have an lte radio and the better screen. The nexus prime will be the ultimate device.

    In my opinion, motorola failed miserably by not launching the bionic by now. If this phone miraculously comes out on aug. 4th, i will probably buy it. But the latest delay simply puts it too close to the others. Therefore, no reason to rush my decision any longer.
    actually, i believe it's a little of both, or at least it is for me. You both hit the nail on the head.

    Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    btw, dont you hate it when reviewers complain that the sgs2 doesnt feel like a premium phone because it doesnt have heft like the ip4? Since when was portability taken as a con...?
    it's because it doesn't have a fruit on the front of it. The apple os is great, but very limited and inhibited. I'd bet, the ones that write these reviews own the iphone and are used to them. I loved the feel of the 3gs but hated the 4, mostly because that was what i was use to.
  21. #171  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    So, I was thinking. The Charge is LTE...why not make the GSII LTE? There's been enough time between launches to justify it. The phones are different enough to allow LTE on the GSII. Only reason I see Verizon not wanting the GSII as LTE is because the Charge is part of the DROID line, making it "special".

    Can't we just get a Droid Galaxy?
  22. #172  
    BigDFSU's Avatar

    Posts
    252 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yankdez View Post
    and in all seriousness, if its rumored to come out in oct/nov, it will most likely come out in february. it think/hope most people realize that
    I agree, but knowing my luck I will buy the S2 thinking that and the Prime will be the miracle phone that actually comes out when predicted.
  23. #173  

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowieFSU View Post
    I agree, but knowing my luck I will buy the S2 thinking that and the Prime will be the miracle phone that actually comes out when predicted.
    lmao. its a gamble for sure.
  24. #174  
    landale's Avatar

    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

    Default Re: LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

    I have basically decided that if the SII comes out in August I am getting it but once we roll into September we are far too close to the release of Ice Cream Sandwich and the next Nexus so I might as well wait as my Droid X is holding up decently enough. Honestly even if the Nexus comes out in November I'd prefer to wait a month or two for apps to better support it. We all saw how it took months for most apps to work properly in Gingerbread and Honeycomb and I don't want to basically have a beta phone for two months if I don't have to.
  25. #175  
    zourtney's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

    Default

    The longer we wait, the less interested I become. Each day that passes makes the SGS2 older tech. My old phone is killing me, but...ugh

    It was that way with the long-overdue Xperia Play, too (in the US). Had it been available mid-June, it'd be sitting in my wife's pocket right now...instead, it landed late and with a thud. Now, she'll almost certainly go (gasp) iPhone 5. I fear the SGS2 will have a somewhat similar fate, even if there are significant hardware changes.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions