LATEST RELEASE NEWS: August?

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung sets Galaxy S II's US rollout for August | Business news | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

SEOUL, South Korea ? Samsung plans to roll out its top line Galaxy S II smartphone in the United States next month.

Shin Jong-kyun, president of the company's mobile communications business, made the announcement Wednesday at the South Korean launch of the Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet computer.

Shin did not say, however, exactly when during August the smartphone would be available for American consumers, nor did he provide further details.

Reactions: DolfanCole

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Sweet. Wondering what the timing is going to be like with the alleged reports of Bionic in early Aug and iPhone in Sept. Late August seems like the best window there assuming it hits on all carriers.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope so for the sake of keeping what's left of my hair. This release along with the Bionic release is really puzzling (along with some other choice words). I've been watching both of these devices and I don't recall ever having such secrecy around any device, let alone two. And it looks like when all is said and done that they might be released very close to each other.

From what's posted in the article along with the other rumors of release dates for both the Bionic and general feeling on the next iPhone (September), it would seem that either the GSII or the Bionic will be released in early August and the other released late August. With having three devices rumored for release in the span of two months, there's not much wiggle room for when they are released such that the releases can be spread out. I just hope the GSII hits first as this is the device I prefer.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
It's hitting all carriers at the sane time? Interesting. So something tells me, they,aren't all coming that month. Hope it does though, looking forward to seeing if Verizon launches it as,a 4G device. Probably not though.

Sent from my ThunderBolt

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, DC. The ebb and flow of info on both the GS2 and Bionic has me pulling my hair out too. As you know, I prefer the GS2...if it's 4G. It's funny how many times I've switched from "No news about the GS2...looks like Bionic will be out soon...getting the Bionic" to "Oooh! A tidbit of of GS2 info! I'm def just gonna wait for that!" It's maddening. :confused:

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
A late August VZW release makes the most sense. They'll give the Bionic at least 2 weeks and they'll want the GS2 out before the new iPhone.

Friend-O

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rumor authorized Verizon retailors to get bionic 08/12

Yah, I posted that in the Verizon GS2 Function forum a little while ago. (different source though...mine was from the Houston Chronicle) I'm officially excited!

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more, DC. The ebb and flow of info on both the GS2 and Bionic has me pulling my hair out too. As you know, I prefer the GS2...if it's 4G. It's funny how many times I've switched from "No news about the GS2...looks like Bionic will be out soon...getting the Bionic" to "Oooh! A tidbit of of GS2 info! I'm def just gonna wait for that!" It's maddening. :confused:

I'm in exactly the same boat. I wish I could just wait until both are out so I can do a side by side, but unless they're both out by late August, I'm going to have to go with the first one released due to time constraints.

My concern about this article is that none of the US carrier versions have passed through FCC yet.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
This appears to be fantastic news, as it comes directly from Samsung. Cuts right through the rumors and speculation and false reports that make the waiting so painful.

My Storm 1 is limping to the finish line...............

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
FCC Clearance isn't a huge deal though, you can launch a device shortly after - there is plenty of time until "late August" for that to happen.

Two huge questions: 1) Does Verizon get it right away? 2) is it LTE?

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Rumor authorized Verizon retailors to get bionic 08/12

Well the roll out starts in August. We still don't know which carriers it will go to first and/or if they are going to stagger the release like they did with the first Galaxy S phone. It would definitely be nice if it were all released at once but I'm kind of doubtful that will occur.

Still, seems like it's going to be an exciting next half of the year. :)

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
This appears to be fantastic news, as it comes directly from Samsung. Cuts right through the rumors and speculation and false reports that make the waiting so painful.

My Storm 1 is limping to the finish line...............

LMAO Same here. I'm so throwing the Storm against a wall or smashing it to pieces when I get either the Bionic or the S2.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
FCC Clearance isn't a huge deal though, you can launch a device shortly after - there is plenty of time until "late August" for that to happen.

Two huge questions: 1) Does Verizon get it right away? 2) is it LTE?

Those are the 2 questions I have too. Mostly is it going to be LTE?!?!

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Well while it doesn't give us details, such as which carriers will see this release time, the great news is that more details are likely to start coming soon. Should at least let us VZW customers know if we will be seeing this soon or if we need to start considering other options.

BigDFSU

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
LMAO Same here. I'm so throwing the Storm against a wall or smashing it to pieces when I get either the Bionic or the S2.

I'm going to try and see if anybody out there is stupid enough to buy mine. Might as well try and make a little cash off of it if I can.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

I'll put mine on the ground, push any button which will make the little black spinny clock appear, and then smash it with a sledge. I assume it will be very cathartic.