Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 119120121122
Results 3,026 to 3,049 of 3049
Like Tree686Likes

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

People are creating rumor threads like none other today. Might be a good idea to steer clear of them until tomorrow...it seems some stores are positive its dropping, some aren't. All we can do is wait and see. My guess is yes.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

I am not going to make up the fact that the regional Verizon Store CALLED ME at 1pm today to let me know that I should come in tommorrow to pick up the new Samsung phone after noon tomorrow

I just finished calling seven VZW corporate stores here in Houston.

5/7 told me the phone is coming out tomorrow. I got one of them to let me in on the off-contract pricing.
    This bad boy will be $649.99 off contract. They also allowed me to make an appointment for tomorrow to come get it
    Thanked by:
    thedeceiver likes this.

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

This is crazy, called two stores (both corporate) in Chicago south burbs, one said no launch date or news, the other said they have a store wide meeting Friday morning, and that could be related to the Nexus launch, and took my name and number.
    fillyo
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 on CM10
    Nexus Ninja

ROM
    Stock

Meh ... FWIW my company's corporate rep replied to my email today questioning tomorrow's rumored release stating that it is doubtful it will be released tomorrow because she can not see it in the system yet. Not sure what system she uses, but she stated that her system should allow her to make corporate orders the day before release so her customers get the device on release day.
    Palm Treo 700w ~> Palm Treo 700wx ~> Blackberry Storm 9530 ~> Motorola Droid X ~> Samsung Galaxy Nexus ~> HTC Evo 4G LTE ~> Samsung Galaxy S3

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Confirmed with a Go-Wireless & 2 VZW Corp Stores..

All Confirm they have the phone in and available tomorrow morning.. 12/15..

ROM
    MIUI / Tiamat

I called the Verizon 800 # to see if I could get hooked up with that ch4Ge discount or whatever that they were offering in the midwest. No luck applying it in NJ or any other promos for that matter. The rep was really nice. As I was hanging up I asked about the Nexus, told her I didn't want to go to the store for nothing tomorrow. She told me it wasn't in her system but she'd sign me up for a text alert when more info was available.

The forum has been totally overrun with people creating duplicate threads. That's a good sign the release is almost here.

Me too. I walked by my local Verizon Store on the way home from the eye doctors. I looked in and the manager came to get me and said that the phone was on the FED EX truck for delivery today and that he just got a call that gave him the OK to sell the phone on the 15th. He said I could come back and see it but that he couldn't sell it until the 15th.

Told him I would come back on the 15th and then he told me that he would be there first thing in the morning. Also said he has ordered more than the usual number of phones because there are all ready people that want it.

It must be close because the Verizon help web site has been updated with a virtual help application that shows you how to navigate the phone.

So...we will see what tomorrow brings.

Just called the Downtown Washington DC VZ store. They confirmed that yes, the are selling it tomorrow, and yes, it will be available first thing in the morning.

Isn't this what happened last time for the 9th? And then we all got shafted?

So, I'm sitting here reading through every GN post and trying to stay positive about Thursday and my phone rings... It's one of the many Verizon stores I had left my name at.

He says they just got word it is on for Thursday and he said he is holding one for me... I won't hold my breathe but first call I have every received back so far.

Central Valley...

Post Re: Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room

Quote Originally Posted by blueshoes9001 View Post
    So, I'm sitting here reading through every GN post and trying to stay positive about Thursday and my phone rings... It's one of the many Verizon stores I had left my name at.

He says they just got word it is on for Thursday and he said he is holding one for me... I won't hold my breathe but first call I have every received back so far.

Central Valley...
    What store? I called the Stockton Corp Store earlier and got the standard "no official release date" mantra. Not that I am doubting you.. but I might have to exchange my "Rent-a-Razr" at the store you are referring to if they are green lighting there.

I had the same issue in Stockton...that is where I am at...not one word about Thursday or stock I could find...

Anyway...

Elk Grove Verizon
    Ion (not sure how to spell his name)
    or
    His direct line is 916.628.2514

Has about 20 on hand and about 5-7 reserved already for Thursday...

Good Luck!

Edit: Corrected Phone number....sorry about that....
    Last edited by blueshoes9001; 12-14-2011 at 04:47 PM. Reason: Adding another phone number

ROM
    Stock ICS!

If I've made a difference, please make sure to thank me.

ROM
    AOKP / Bugless Beast

Lock this son of a !
    @Arevill

Quote Originally Posted by Defconrock View Post
    Lock this son of a !
    Well, we still have to wait a few more hours.
    "I'm all jack'd up on Mountain Dew!"

I put up some photos (and a video!) of some of the official Verizon accessories over here in the sub-forum:

Quote Originally Posted by blueshoes9001 View Post
    I had the same issue in Stockton...that is where I am at...not one word about Thursday or stock I could find...

Anyway...

Elk Grove Verizon
    Ion (not sure how to spell his name)
    or
    His direct line is 916.628.2514

Has about 20 on hand and about 5-7 reserved already for Thursday...

Good Luck!

Edit: Corrected Phone number....sorry about that....
    Called back after the announcement and surprisingly the Stockton store now has 40-50 in stock, told me to come in tomorrow. LOL.
    Nexus Ninja

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by captain_dl View Post
    Meh ... FWIW my company's corporate rep replied to my email today questioning tomorrow's rumored release stating that it is doubtful it will be released tomorrow because she can not see it in the system yet. Not sure what system she uses, but she stated that her system should allow her to make corporate orders the day before release so her customers get the device on release day.
    Glad to see that Big Red proved me wrong! Too bad I will have to wait an extra day to get mine. My company rep will place my order in the morning and it will be delivered to me on Friday.
    Palm Treo 700w ~> Palm Treo 700wx ~> Blackberry Storm 9530 ~> Motorola Droid X ~> Samsung Galaxy Nexus ~> HTC Evo 4G LTE ~> Samsung Galaxy S3

My name is Alex I'm in Findlay Ohio and I'm the first and only person currently in line for the Gnex. The unicorn phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Prime) Waiting Room-20111215_083101.jpg  

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by deaner1029 View Post
    My name is Alex I'm in Findlay Ohio and I'm the first and only person currently in line for the Gnex. The unicorn phone.
    Lol. Nine hours down and we're almost in the door.

Sent from my Blackberry Charge using Tapatalk.

Quote Originally Posted by deaner1029 View Post
    Man, I got to the store in NYC across from Grand Central 15 minutes before you and was 15th on line- took 2 hours to get... but what's 2 hours after 2 months? FINALLY GOT IT!!!

Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    ROM
    CyanogenMod10

Quote Originally Posted by huskerkate View Post
    my guess is that since they are eliminating the hard menu/home/back/search buttons, and incorporating them into the screen, they can add more screen size without noticeably changing the physical dimensions of the device.
    The Nexus 4 is as thin as my X minus the hump. Me like. Sorry for digging up the old post.
    HTC Touch Pro>HTC Droid Eris>Moto Droid X>Samsung Focus>HTC Sensation 4G>Nexus 4>Nexus 5
    Your phone will only be the latest and greatest for a few months.
Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 119120121122