@VZWSupport confirms LTE in SGS2 on VZW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Looks like a mistake, he/she confuses the SII with the Tab in multiple questions; Verizon needs to keep the interns away from twitter.

Ferris.

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
This mistake rippling through the gadget blogosphere will only make it that much more disappointing if it ends up 3G only. We've had a taste!

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
This mistake rippling through the gadget blogosphere will only make it that much more disappointing if it ends up 3G only. We've had a taste!

I don?t think there?s much doubt that the phone will be 4G. The only question is what does the phone look like now? How much did they have to change to make it work.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
What i like is how they followed it up with "Clarification"

No you SCREWED up.

Clarifying is saying "yes the SG2 will have LTE but only in select cities"

not

"I'm talking about the tab"

lol

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I personally think in the first tweet that ^LM WAS referencing the GSII, not the tab. Everyone knows the Tab is 4g, its in the name, announce, and surly not worthy of a tweet, esp a "good news" tweet. Also note that the ^LM employee never tweets again, its all the ^CB and ^AC clarifying THEIR tweets. I think ^LM leaked when she/he wasn't supposed to and the other where trying to cover it up.

Now the question is; why would they try to cover that info up? This "close" to launch i would think this the perfect time to announce such a tantalizing piece of info.

Mr. Poppalopolis

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I personally think in the first tweet that ^LM WAS referencing the GSII, not the tab. Everyone knows the Tab is 4g, its in the name, announce, and surly not worthy of a tweet, esp a "good news" tweet. Also note that the ^LM employee never tweets again, its all the ^CB and ^AC clarifying THEIR tweets. I think ^LM leaked when she/he wasn't supposed to and the other where trying to cover it up.

Now the question is; why would they try to cover that info up? This "close" to launch i would think this the perfect time to announce such a tantalizing piece of info.

Exactly what I was about to say. Everyone has known the Galaxy Tab 4G is LTE, and the way he said it was as if no one knew for sure yet. Probably said something he wasn't supposed to about the GS2.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

You're right. Thats why I said that regardless of what they said the info will come out.

LM messed up and they are covering for him/her

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I don?t think there?s much doubt that the phone will be 4G. The only question is what does the phone look like now? How much did they have to change to make it work.

I agree with this. The only thing worse than a GS2 with only 3G on Verizon is if they Bing it.

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Waaaaaaaaaah Wah. Roller coaster of emotions over here.

I think that saying it will have 4G and someone "slipped up" is wishful thinking. It might be right (I HOPE it is), but...

Kind of like what rkeller62 said in the Bionic rumors of how everyone dismisses later release dates and accepts earlier ones.

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
^LM is probably fired now and looking for a new job......

I can't wait to find more information about this phone, the Nexus Prime and Bionic. At this point I could go for either one depending on the exact specs and when they are released.

The next 4 to 8 weeks will be exciting. :D

MarkAllan

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Well LM did just tweet me back saying that they don't know the release date, so can't be any confusion there with the tab. Maybe a little hope that LM knows more than the others.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The biggest difference between this mistweet and the last time the GSII got confused with the Tab is this:

last time some one asked about the "Samsung Galaxy S 2" and the VZW rep confused the Galaxy part and replied, thinking about the Tab. that rep clearly didn't know what the GSII was.

This time, ^LM mentioned out of the blue the name "GSII". She didn't pull the term "GSII" from a tweeter to whom she/he was replying. If there was confusion between the tab and the GSII, she still knew about the GSII prior to tweeting. Just like no one mentioned "Fascinate 2" but the rep used that term anyway, later on.

to me this means that
A) she independently knows about the GSII and her employers didn't provide her with info. This means he/she is likely more tech savvy/informed and less likely to make a Tab/GSII mistake.
or
B) there is talk of the GSII within verizon, likely related to 4G and he/she honestly reported the wrong info, or the right info at the wrong time.

Either case looks to be promising.

Edit: I see now that LM was replying to @sparty569. I have not seen that tweet, but that info may invalidate my above post.

Last edited:

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
He first asked:
sparty569
@samsungtweets Is there anyway you can let us know if the Galaxy SII for VZW will have 4G? It will make many decisions easier if it is.

Later he RT the reply:
sparty569
WOAH!!! My new phone!!! RT @VZWSupport: @sparty569 Great news! The Samsung Galaxy SII will have 4G. ^LM

So it looks as though he did drop the Galaxy SII name beforehand, meaning that this could easily be a blunder and not a wonder.

My hopefulness just dropped 60 points :(

Last edited:

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Waaaaaaaaaah Wah. Roller coaster of emotions over here.

I think that saying it will have 4G and someone "slipped up" is wishful thinking. It might be right (I HOPE it is), but...

Kind of like what rkeller62 said in the Bionic rumors of how everyone dismisses later release dates and accepts earlier ones.

It will be shipping as LTE compatible. He/she slipped up or actually made the mistake but in due time the info will resurface.

Those who wait for LTE verifications will celebrate soon enough.

Sent from my Droid

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
It will be shipping as LTE compatible. He/she slipped up or actually made the mistake but in due time the info will resurface.

Sent from my Droid

So CK you gonna snag a gs2 with lte or wait for the prime? And what is your reasoning for what you choose?

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Droid

Like I said, I'd prefer you're right and I'm wrong on this one! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos