Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By redraider133
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Default fcc approval?

Surely, if it's releasing before any other network, it would have already passed the fcc?

Default Re: fcc approval

And we have seen the sprint Wimax one pass.

Good news: i hear the wimax chip is about the same size as the LTE, and they barely changed the form factor.

Bad news: no Verizon FCC sighting, i think sprint will see it first.

Followup question: Would we for sure see it pass through the FCC? Is that public information or do we have to rely on it being leaked, i.e. has Verizon's already gone through FCC and we just haven't seen it?

ROM
    Jelly Belly

The FCC stuff is all public record. It's a little difficult to wade through, but if it's passed the FCC's tests, it'll be there.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I wouldnt get your hopes up if it is indeed called the fascinate 2 i would think it would come out about a year after the fascinate did which was in sept. Atleast thats what they do with most sequels of phones.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

It'll be between it, Bionic, or the prime for me. I am happy with my rooted thunderbolt.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serial Fordicator View Post
    It'll be between it, Bionic, or the prime for me. I am happy with my rooted thunderbolt.
    I am in the same boat I can stick it out with my thunderbolt for a few more months if the prime is coming to verizon. And by that time all of these will be out so I will know if any problems arise from the gs2 or the bionic and if they end up unlocking the bionic by that time.

Quote Originally Posted by hvalergir View Post
    And we have seen the sprint Wimax one pass.

Good news: i hear the wimax chip is about the same size as the LTE, and they barely changed the form factor.

Bad news: no Verizon FCC sighting, i think sprint will see it first.

Followup question: Would we for sure see it pass through the FCC? Is that public information or do we have to rely on it being leaked, i.e. has Verizon's already gone through FCC and we just haven't seen it?
    it would be released prior to shipping. any commercial device that broadcasts over the air has to be screened by the FCC. they can keep certain things private forever like schematics and such, but things like external and internal pictures can be kept confidential for at least 6 months. and then things such as the SAR reports and RF testing are totally public and available.

the only thing i'm really fuzzy about is if when the devices show up in the database does that only mean that it's been submitted to the fcc or does that mean they've passed the FCC testing?

Quote Originally Posted by boondoc View Post
    it would be released prior to shipping. any commercial device that broadcasts over the air has to be screened by the FCC. they can keep certain things private forever like schematics and such, but things like external and internal pictures can be kept confidential for at least 6 months. and then things such as the SAR reports and RF testing are totally public and available.

the only thing i'm really fuzzy about is if when the devices show up in the database does that only mean that it's been submitted to the fcc or does that mean they've passed the FCC testing?
    Certain things are only confidential for the testing period. According to Android Central, all 4 versions have passed the testing stage and are approved. Its just until someone uncovers the info. The FCC website confuses the **** out of me, but I still try to slog through it.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by neowarcloud View Post
    Certain things are only confidential for the testing period. According to Android Central, all 4 versions have passed the testing stage and are approved. Its just until someone uncovers the info. The FCC website confuses the **** out of me, but I still try to slog through it.
    If that's true someone needs to go through it to find out if it is 4G. If it's 4G I am 95% sure I will get this phone (1% Bionic and 4% Prime).

Oh my, so how does one know that the Verizon version has passed the FCC, without also having seen the documents? What then, is special about the Sprint version uncovering? Just that the docs have been pinned down and the confirmation of WIMAX?

If we "know" that the verizon version has passed the FCC, then all that is left is uncovering the documents, that we know exist?

Quote Originally Posted by hvalergir View Post
    Oh my, so how does one know that the Verizon version has passed the FCC, without also having seen the documents? What then, is special about the Sprint version uncovering? Just that the docs have been pinned down and the confirmation of WIMAX?

If we "know" that the verizon version has passed the FCC, then all that is left is uncovering the documents, that we know exist?
    I rescind that statement. I misread the title. It apparently hasn't exited FCC testing, however if its coming in August I would expect it to very shortly.
    Last edited by neowarcloud; 07-28-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Android Central did report all 4 versions as having passed the FCC...
    I went looking for that post and I couldn't find it. Have a link perhaps?

I tried to look at the FCC website myself, but geez... I'm thinking it was built that way intentionally so us regular folk can't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by eksplosions View Post

I tried to look at the FCC website myself, but geez... I'm thinking it was built that way intentionally so us regular folk can't find anything.
    I think the person you quoted is confusing stories or something. If the other 3 variants (VZW, AT&T and T-Mob) had also already cleared the FCC, it would be all over the interwebz. You can go to , put in Samsung as Applicant Name and set a date range, but that can still be a tough way to find devices unless you use a pretty small date range.

Yea if you put I'm too wide of a dat window you can be looking at hundreds of entries. I will say it gets pretty quick to see through as you will start to see the same model numbers again. Exclude the first 3 characters (A3L or something like that) and the rest is usually the model # as far as I've seen. So for example you can see GTI9103 and from the rf exposure test you can see that's a gsm variant. Then there is the SPHD710 which again in the rf exposure test lists wimax as a test. And there is also a sprint/nextel waiver in the list of docs for that model.

Like I said, I misread one of the poorly worded titles of an Android Central article.

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

As of right now only the Sprint and AT&T models are listed publicly on the FCC site. Sprints was listed yesterday and AT&T's today. I imagine Verizon's model was sent in for testing at the same time and will probably clear shortly as well. At least when it does we will finally have the 3G vs 4G answer. Interestingly the Sprint model is not only taller and wider then the AT&T model based on schematics it also has a larger battery of 1800mah vs 1500mah. I wonder where Verizon's will fall. It really does seem that part of the delays had to due with each carriers version being significantly different from each other unlike with the original Galaxy S.

Quote Originally Posted by landale View Post
    As of right now only the Sprint and AT&T models are listed publicly on the FCC site. Sprints was listed yesterday and AT&T's today. I imagine Verizon's model was sent in for testing at the same time and will probably clear shortly as well. At least when it does we will finally have the 3G vs 4G answer. Interestingly the Sprint model is not only taller and wider then the AT&T model based on schematics it also has a larger battery of 1800mah vs 1500mah. I wonder where Verizon's will fall. It really does seem that part of the delays had to due with each carriers version being significantly different from each other unlike with the original Galaxy S.
    Well bare in mind that there appear to be two versions of the GSII heading to AT&T. The QWERTY and the non-QWERTY...

Sounds like we'll have a definitive answer by early next week. I didn't listen to Samsung's earnings call because I was at work. I would really like to to see this phone launch soon.

@FCC #Excited!

@FCC #Excited!
    Hah! Im chuckling to myself thinking about excited people @ replying the FCC twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by landale View Post
    keep in mind we're talking about like 3 -5mm at the most and the sprint version has to make room for 1 extra cellular radio and 2 wimax radios. but yeah, i'm going to be fairly pissed if they skimp on battery for the Attain.